Saturday, December 2, 2023

Gingerbread Cottage

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this first Saturday in December. 

Only 22 days until Christmas! I have all of my decorating done except for my living room tree. That is my task for today after I finish this Blog post. Then I will be onto finishing my Christmas cards and getting them mailed. 

I sort of started my Christmas shopping, but I am not nearly done.  I am waiting for ideas from my family. I also will be baking and candy making. I feel like I am right on schedule for getting everything completed so I will see what happens. 

Now onto my card for today. I am featuring the new Gingerbread Cottage Die and created a center step fun fold.

Design Steps:
I used the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #970. We were to use real red, pool party, lemon lolly and old olive for the color combo. 
real red, pool party, lemon lolly, old olive
I had this center step fun fold card in my stash. I bought these premade. They are an A2 size card and fold flat for mailing. This premade base is ivory, and I wanted it to be the pool party shade. So, I cut cardstock and pool party designer paper to cover the ivory panels completely. I wanted to tone down the designer paper a bit, so I added a layer of vellum paper to each panel.

Next, I cut the Gingerbread Cottage in the challenge colors plus a few allowed neutrals. It's such a cute die. I love it as a Christmas card.
 

I wanted a bold Christmas sentiment and decided to use the CottageCutz Merry Christmas w/Shadow phrase (Christmas 2021). I cut it in red cardstock 2x and added it to a white glitter cardstock panel. 
To finish off my card, I attached the gingerbread cottage to the center panel with dimensional adhesive. I cut the pine trees that are part of this die in the old olive shade.
Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God Bless. 

I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Calendar Challenge is Christmas themed. 
2.  Crafty Catz is anything goes-optional is to make them smile. 
3.  Creative Creases is anything goes with a fun fold.
4.  C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #700 is anything goes. 
5.  Creative Knockouts has a "tis the season" challenge. 


8 comments:

  1. Super stepper card Mary, I love the little gingerbread cottage. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little gingerbread cottage is adorable! And I love the way you added a layer of vellum over the pattern paper. I need to remember to do that because it gives such a beautiful, soft effect. It really makes your bold red sentiment pop! Thanks for sharing this lovely stepper card at Creative Creases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I do like Cottage Cutz dies. This one is so cute. Thanks for entering it in the Creative Creases Challenge.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet center-step card, Mary! Love that great gingerbread cottage. Perfect for the holidays! Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  5. The easel card is perfect for your darling gingerbread house. What fun it would be to make a real one. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I love a center-step card and yours is so sweet. Thank you for joining us for Creative Creases Challenge #71. Hope to see you next round.
    Rae in Reno, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Catz Challenge Janet DT.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails