Thursday, December 14, 2023

Snowman Scene

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's only 11 days until Christmas. I feel like I am on schedule with my preparations. I am in the process of mailing my cards out. I should finish those tonight and they will go out in tomorrow's mail. 

I mailed 33 so far and have 10 more handmade cards to finish up. Then I have some boxed cards I send to family and friends who don't really appreciate a handmade card. And I don't feel guilty sending them a boxed card either (LOL). 

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #976 on Splitcoaststampers. We were to use silver, azure afternoon and blueberry bushel for her color trio. Optional is snow.

azure afternoon, silver, blueberry bushel

Of course, I had to go with a Christmas theme with these colors and the optional item.

My background paper is from the Stampin' Up "one horse open sleigh" collection. It's so perfect for creating outdoor scenes for Christmas or Winter. This background is featuring misty moonlight one of our allowed neutrals.

I cut my snowman and bird in the challenge colors. For the tree I used bristol smooth cardstock and an ink blending brush with mossy meadow ink and then cut the tree from that piece.

The bird is carrying a silver glitter star and a silver glitter present. My Merry Christmas sentiment phrase is cut in misty moonlight cardstock.

This when went to my hair stylist. She loves snowmen and I make her a card each year with snowmen.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.....God bless.

Card Details:
Paper: white, azure afternoon, blueberry bushel, misty moonlight, one horse open sleigh dsp (stampin' Up), silver glitter (Coredinations), bristol smooth (Canson)
Paper Size: 4 1/2" x 6"
Ink: mossy meadow (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: snowman w/tree, merry christmas w/deer family dies (CottageCutz)

I am also entering:
1.  Cardz 4 Galz challenge is a Christmas card. 
2.  Creative Knockouts has a snow much fun challenge. 
3.  Krafty Chicks #694 has a Christmas challenge. 
4ABC Christmas Challenge is "Y" for your choice or anything goes. 
5.  Crafty Gals Corner has a "tis the season" challenge. 










5 comments:

  1. This is so lovely the snowman is a wee cutie
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so nice, I like scene cards, and yours is wonderful. Thanks for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week, have a great day!

    Leanne DT Member/KCC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely scene. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute scene. Thanks for joining my challenge at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. quelle magnifique création Mary, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Creations, biz

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails