Friday, December 15, 2023

Rocking Horse w/Toys Christmas Card

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

Well, I finished up addressing all my Christmas cards. This one was sent off to my friend in Washington. It was one of my Splitcoaststampers color challenge cards. She is on the design team with me. She commented that the card reminded her of a rocking horse her daughter had when she was little. So of course, I had to send her the card. She will be surprised when it arrives in her mailbox. 

I am ready to start my Christmas baking now. I am scaling back this year because I am on the Paleo diet and not doing sugar. So, I don't want to be tempted with all the candy and cookies I usually make. I am only making Pizzelles and my mini lady locks. My hubby is ok with it so that's good enough for me.

Now onto my card for today. this one I made for the color challenge #975 on Splitcoaststampers. We were to use cherry cobbler, night of navy and shaded spruce for our color trio.
cherry cobbler, night of navy, shaded spruce

 Optional was to use designer paper. I had the perfect paper- it's from the Stampin' Up "wrapped in plaid " collection. In fact, if you have this paper there is a sheet in the collection that has all 3 of this week's colors.

For my Christmas card, I used the CottageCutz Rocking Horse w/Toys die and cut in the challenge colors plus a couple of neutrals.

I used an edge die from MFT to cut the white panel and layered my images there. Added a few night of navy resin stars and stamped my Hero Arts sentiment in night of navy ink.

The bottom half of the card is featuring the designer paper in the cherry cobbler and shaded spruce colors. I like the gold trim on this design.
Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time......God bless.

card details:
Stamps: Christmas Messages (Hero Arts)
Paper: cherry cobbler, night of navy, pecan pie, soft suede, early espresso, soft suede, crumb cake, wrapped in plaid dspwhite (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Ink: night of navy (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Rocking Horse w/Toys die (CottageCutz), Stitched basic Edges die (MFT), Resin Stars (Stampin' Up)

I am also entering:
1.  Alphabet Challenge is "S" for Stars.
2.  Aloha Friday Challenge is Christmas/Winter Animals. 
3.  Jingle Belles is a Christmas theme-wrapping up 2023. 
4.  C.R.A.F.T. has a Christmas challenge.
5.  Little Red Wagon #735 is a Christmas challenge.  


5 comments:

  1. Love to see plaid on Christmas cards especially in a red,green combo,great diecut rocking horse and starry background,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love the plaid and rocking horse, gorgeous card.. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice classic Christmas card! I am sure your friend will enjoy it! Thanks for joining us at The Aloha Friday Challenge! Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is so elegant. Thanks for joining my theme at the Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails