Saturday, April 30, 2016

~Special Mom~

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog. Can you believe it's the last day of April? Where has this month gone?
 
I am almost finished with my school year as well. We have 6 classes left in preschool. I will definitely miss this class. Some of the students just hold a special place in my heart. their parents even tell me how much their kids love me. It makes me feel special.
 
Right before our graduation ceremony I will make a short trip to San Francisco to take care of my precious little granddaughter Phoenix Daisy. I can't wait to hug and kiss her. We do a video chat all the time on our IPads but seeing her in person will be wonderful. She already has plans made for us playing with her baby dolls. And lots of other ideas I am sure (lol).
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #580 on Splitcoaststampers. Vicki was our hostess and she chose daffodil delight, island indigo and garden green for her color palette.
 
daffodil delight island indigo garden green
 
I have been wanting to try the pleated skirt fold after I saw this great tutorial on Splitcoaststampers. For my fold I used island indigo designer paper from the Stampin'-Up "gingham garden" collection.
 
The teapot is cut with more Stampin'-Up designer paper. This one is from the "greenhouse gala" collection. The teapot lid and scallop decoration are cut in garden green.

Completed my card with my sentiment from a set by ODBD. The hearts are part of the Stampin'-Up "cups and framelits dies", The island indigo ribbon and bow are also Stampin'-Up.
 
Well that's it for me for today my friends! Off to watch my grandson play baseball. He is over this side of town today so I don't have to travel an hour to watch him play. So until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: mother's day (ODBD)
Paper: ww, garden green, daffodil delight, gingham garden & greenhouse gala dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2 
Ink: island indigo
Accessories: cups & kettle framelits, island indigo ribbon, pearls  
 
I am also entering: 
1. Jo's Scrap Shack has a Mother's Day challenge.
2.  Simply Create Too has a ladies only challenge.
3.  DL.Art has a Mother's Day challenge #179
4.  Mod Squad Challenge is Mother's Day
 
 
 
 

  
 

 
 

12 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card, I love your pleat fold it is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your project and entering our Challenge.
    I hope you can join us again for our next Challenge.
    Angie DT
    Jo’s Scrap Shack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely mother's day card! You did a great job with your pleated skirt fold. Thanks for joining us over at the Mod Squad Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Mary!! Love the pleated skirt fold, just working on that myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card. you used my favorite colors on this. Love the folds. Thanks for joining us for Funday Friday Challenges
    Amanda DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet card. I love your pleated tablecloth. TFS and joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I love the pleats. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge this week.

    Peggy T.
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Mother's Day Card. Love the colors and overall design. Thank you for joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack this week. AJ DT JSS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Your pleated fold is fabulous and it looks just like a tablecloth. Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Mother's Day card...love the paper fold technique and must give it a try soon.
    Thanks for playing along with the Simply Create Too DT challenge no. 108, Ladies Only. Join us again.
    Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a bright and cheerful mothers day card. I love the pleating, it adds a nice flowing look to the card I love it. Happy Mothers day and enjoy your grandaughter, that sounds like fun
    Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #179-“Mother’s Day” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card! I love the pleated skirt look and just don't use it often enough. Thanks so much for joining Fun~day Friday at Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails