Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Gate Fold Flower Card

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog. Today was the start of our grandson's Ethan baseball season. It was a bit of a cold day. Not exactly baseball weather in my mind but I just wore a sweatshirt and brought a blanket and I was fine. Their team won so that is always a plus for the fans.
 
Did you get your taxes finished yet? We have an appointment with our accountant tomorrow. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. We usually owe some money so I am never in a hurry to file. Once they are done I am always glad to have them out of the way for another year though.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I created for my scheduled turn on the Scrapping Cottage Blog. I have never made a gate fold card before so I thought I would have a go at it.
 
Card Base: White Card Stock 8½” x 5½” and scored at 2 1/8” and 6 3/8”
 
White Panels: when folded are 2 1/8” x 5 ½”. Card is still 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
Stampin'-Up mossy meadow layer: 2” x 5 3/8”
Stampin'-Up English Garden designer paper: 1 7/8” x 5 ¼”
Melon Mambo rear panel: 5 5/8" x 4 3/8"
 
Attached layers with double sided tape and adhered to white card base. After I took this picture, I remembered I wanted to use some pink ribbon. Oops! I had to remove the left panel to  add my ribbon. But, I forgot to take another photo.
 
Now for the die cuts: I used the 3D Flower #2 from the March release and cut in pink cardstock.  Between each layer of the flower I used dimensional adhesive. I also used a bone folder and curled the ends of the petals. It creates a nice rounded look to the flowers.
 
 
For some added greenery, I used the CottageCutz Butterfly with Flowers die. I cut once in dark green and once in pink. I cut the pink flowers and adhered them over the green.
The CottageCutz circle set basics is the backdrop for my flower. I used the 3rd largest die and cut in white and then the 4th largest die and cut in pink. Attached this to my card, but I just taped the left side of the circle. That way it won't interfere with the card opening.
 
To finish off the front of my card I cut a butterfly from the Butterfly with Flowers die. I attached one to the patterned paper and then for some added height I cut another one and used glue to secure just the middle.
 
 I also finished the inside of the card simply by adding a piece of melon mambo cardstock and stamping a sentiment from the Stampin'-Up "Butterfly Basics" set.
Well, that's my card for today. Time to dim the lights in charmed Life land for another day. So until next time........God bless.
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutz3dflower2.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=butterfly+with+flowers
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcirclesetbasics.aspx
 
 
I am also entering:
1.  Fresh Brewed Designs has a ribbon or twine challenge.
2.  Stampin' Royalty has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Clear It Out Challenge Blog has a springtime stash-add a flower challenge; Stash items: ribbon, designer paper
 

4 comments:

  1. Just so beautiful. Loving the cherise pink and green and thank you for the tutorial.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful gate card Mary!! I love your flower and butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, Mary. Thanks for sharing all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done and just lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty this week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails