Sunday, April 17, 2016

~Snowy Christmas~

 
Hello Blogger friends! thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog today. We are having such beautiful spring weather here in Pittsburgh. It's been sunny and mild for the past 4 days. My hubby has been out working in his gardens every day. He is in his happy place for sure. Our tulips are blooming and look so beautiful gracing our front yard. Note to self: I need to get a photo to share it here on the blog.
 
My card certainly doesn't reflect spring though. I made it for the color challenge #578 on Splitcoaststampers. Maura is our hostess and she chose elegant eggplant, old olive and Bermuda bay. Optional is to add embossing.
 
 
I like using non-traditional colors for Christmas cards so that’s the direction I went this week. I created a snowy, glittery winter scene using different dies and stamps using this card as inspiration.

Started my card by stenciling snowflakes on my background panel using the MFT stencil and 3-D molding paste.

Cut my snowy hills with the Lawn Fawn hillside borders. I used some Stampin’-Up chunky essentials glitter for the snow. Adhered the snow banks with foam mounting tape.

The left white tree is a die from Memory Box – “small forest archway”. Cut in white added some chunky glitter to the limbs. I used a Paper Shapers punch for the small tree. Pine trees are from Inpression Obsession and cut in old olive and secured with foam mounting tape.

My 2 houses are stamps and dies from PaperTrey Ink. I stamped in eggplant and bermuda bay and then die cut them. These are also secured with foam mounting tape.
 
I used to have trouble with these stamps and dies from Papertrey but my friend Barbara, gave me a pointer on how to use them. I first stamp the image and then cut a house from scrap paper. I used the negative piece and place it over my stamped image. Then I take the die and place it in the negative image and run it through my Big Shot. It works like a charm every time.

To finish off my card, I stamped a sentiment from the PaperTrey ink “holiday home” set in elegant eggplant and added a few Bermuda bay sequins. And that's my card for today and my 2nd Christmas card for the 2016 season. So until next time......God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: holiday home (PaperTrey Ink) 
Paper: bermuda bay, whisper white, old olive Paper Size: A4 
Ink: elegant eggplant, bermuda bay 
Accessories: evergreen trees (Impression Obsession), small forest archway (Memory Box), stitched hillside borders (Lawn Fawn), chunk essentials glitter (Stampin’-Up), mounting tape(Scotch), snowflake stencil (MFT), 3-D molding paste (Americna Traditional Designs)   

I am also entering:
1.  Winter Wonderland has pink - blue challenge. Card base is blue, house in blue and blue sequins.
3.  HLS Christmas Challenge is to use die cuts.
4.  The Glory of Christmas Challenge is to make a scene.

10 comments:

  1. Great use of fab diecuts !! Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and I like the sparkling snow...
    Thanx for joining us at Winter Wonderland, xxx Plony

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card Mary! I love the little scene. Thanks for sharing the tip, great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty design and I love that chunky glitter. You're getting a good head start on the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Christmas card in non-traditional colours, Mary. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards. Thank you for joining the challenge at The Glory of Christmas. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a delightful scene you created! I love the textured background and your fabulous use of the dies.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary! This card is really pretty! I love the scene so much! Thanks for sharing this with us at CHNC Extra! :)

    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful combination of die cuts to create your fabulous winter scene! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous snowy scene. Thanks for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers Christmas challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails