Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Happy Mothers Day

 
Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
I am just getting over a cold. Some of the kids at PreSchool were sick and I picked up what they had. On Tuesday, one of the little girls said to me "Miss Mary-I have a cold". I had to laugh because that's how I got mine.
 
Our kitchen appliances were delivered yesterday. We went with stainless and they look great with our countertops. Our contractor will be back on Friday to install the appliances and also the under cabinet lighting. My final step will be having the backsplash and floor installed. I haven't made a decision on that yet.
 
Now let's get on to my card for today. This one I made for my DT blog post on the Scrapping Cottage blog.  I have created a little garden scene as a Mother's Day card.  Mother's Day is Sunday, May 8. It's just under 3 weeks away so time to get busy creating a card for Mom, Grandma, Daughter or someone special.
 
The main die is the spring tree frame and I cut it in white card stock.  Using sponge daubers and distress inks I colored the tree, leaves, birdhouse, bird and tulips. The die cut measures 3 3/4" x 5". I set that aside to work on the background.
 
Background: I cut white card stock 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" and used a stencil to sponge in the sun rays.
 
Then I lightly sponged in a soft blue background and adhered this to my spring tree frame. 
 
I applied versamark ink and clear embossing powder and heat set. It gives a nice shine to the trees and leaves.
To highlight the scene I added a frame around cut in Stampin'-Up rich razzleberry and attached it to the spring tree frame with glue dots. The outside measurements are 3 7/8" x 5 1/8". The inside measurements are 3 3/8" x 4 5/8".
I used the parlor set and cut in rich razzleberry card stock to set in the middle of my garden scene. The vase on the table is from the Mushroom & Flowers dies. It's the base for the smaller mushroom. Just another way to get more mileage out of your dies. I cut it in a chocolate card stock.
The flower in the vase is cut from the butterfly with flowers die. I cut it once in green cardstock then again in pink. I paper pieced the pink flower over the green and placed it in my vase.
 
Once the scene was created I attached it to a white card base measuring 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I used mounting tape to pop it up on the white base.
 
To complete my card I stamped my sentiment and cut it out using the circle set and the stitched circle set. Attached to the side of my frame for a little interest.
 
Also, did you know that we are having a challenge for our fans and followers to display the cards you have made with CottageCutz dies? There are prizes to be won as well. Click here for all the details and the linky to submit your entry.
 
Well, my friends that's it for me for today. So until time....... God bless.
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=spring+tree+frame
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzmushroomandflowers4x4pre-order.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=parlor+set
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbutterflywithflowerspetites.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedcirclesetbasics.aspx
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails