Thursday, April 28, 2016

~Happy Spring~

 
Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. Spring is breaking out all over here in Pittsburgh. The leaves on the trees seemed to pop out over night and so many of the spring flowers are getting ready to bloom. We are having warm days and cool nights. I am loving it. It rained all day today but we haven't had much in April so no complaints here.
 
My card today is reflecting spring even down to the sentiment. I made this one for my DT Wednesday blog post on the CottageCutz blog. I was happy with how it turned out. So here are some details on how I made it.
 
cardstock and designer paper sizes: daffodil delight card base measures 4 1/4" x 11" and scored at 5 1/2"
purely pomegranate embossed layer  is 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
 designer paper layer is 3 1/8 x 4 3/8"

I used the Stampin'-Up Tulip embossing folder that just embosses around the cardstock edge. Thereby creating a perfect frame for the next layer where I used my designer paper. It's from a retired Stampin'-Up Christmas collection.
 
I used the new CottageCutz large leafy flourish die and cut 2 of them in Stampin'-Up mossy meadow card stock. I added an extra swirl at the top right and some extra leaves on the middle left.  That just helped create balance on my card. I adhered the flourish with multi matte medium. It's a strong adhesive and it dries clear unlike glossy accents.
To continue building my card, I cut some flowers from the mushroom & flowers die in daffodil and pomegranate.

My sentiment was stamped before I attached all the die cuts in mossy meadow ink. It makes it easier for placement to do that first. The sentiment came in the Stampin'-Up April 2016 Paper Pumpkin Kit.
 
To finish off my card I added a butterfly cut from the butterfly with flowers die. I cut it once in daffodil cardstock and then in a daffodil designer paper. I used the multi matte medium to attach just in the middle. That way I was able to lift the wings for added dimension. The solid butterfly is glued directly to the patterned paper layer.
 
 
 
Well, friends that's my card for today. The CottageCutz April release is filled with  awesome dies to help you create some gorgeous floral cards. Check it out.

Just a little reminder, it's not to late to enter the brand new challenge on the CottageCutz blog. There are prizes to be won. Check out all the details here.
 
Until next time........God bless.
 
Here are some photos of the dies I used.
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzlargeleafyflourishelites.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzmushroomandflowers4x4pre-order.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbutterflywithflowerspetites.aspx
 
 
I am also entering: 
1.  Moo-Mania has floral challenge.
2.  Crafty Girls Creations has an anything goes.
3.  Southern Girls has a texture challenge.
4.  Addicted to Stamps and More has an anything goes challenge.
5.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is anything goes.
 
 

9 comments:

  1. This really is Spring on your card! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty Mary!! I love the colors and the pretty die cuts! Very springy :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at Moo Mania and More, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and dainty Spring card Mary...gorgeous.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Southern Girls challenge..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderfully cheery card, love the embossed border.
    Thanks for playing along at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just BEAUTIFUL! Thanks a lot for joining us at Moo Mania & More!
    Happy weekend!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that die cut flourish and the pretty colours.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful texture rich card. Such a lovely colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails