Monday, April 4, 2016

~Let it Snow~

 
Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Monday to you all! Thanks for taking the time to visit The Charmed Life blog.
 
Can you believe that there was snow and freezing rain here in Pittsburgh on Saturday night? It brought the salt trucks out in our area. Hopefully, for the last time this season. Spring can bring a bit of weather extremes so I guess this was one of them.
 
As for my kitchen, the countertop is in and I am very happy with it. Our contractor came back on Saturday and connected the faucet and garbage disposal. The place where we bought the granite from had to do the install or there is no warranty. Plus, they had to cut the hole in for our faucet on site. That's the reason for 2 different installers.
 
I am getting under cabinet lighting and our contractor suggested we do that next. That way when we bring home samples for the backsplash, we can see it in different light settings. I thought it was a good idea. So that is my next purchase.
 
Now, let's get onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #576 on Splitcoaststampers. Peggy is our hostess and she chose tempting turquoise, whisper white and tangelo twist for her color palette. Optional is to use metallic-a little or a lot.

Ha-this week I thought I had the option nailed! Then I discovered it wasn't glitter but metallic that I should have been using.

My saving grace on this one is that I used a shimmery metallic paper and sponged turquoise ink on it, then I added the glitter. So Peggy is giving me credit for the metallic layer (lol)!! My girlfriends love me.

Anyway, I wasn't sure until today where I was going with my card this week. I had lots of ideas floating around in my head. Then I remembered these dies I bought before Christmas but never used them. I bought them after seeing this card from Kittie. Yes, I was able to create a Christmas card with these colors. My first of this year!
 
So here are my deets on the card: I cut the MB country fence oval frame and the small forest archway in whisper white cardstock. I sponged the tangelo twist and a little soft suede on the fence. I layered over the scene another oval cut from the MFT stitched oval dies.

The next step was where I included the dessert option. I took some shimmery white metallic paper and sponged turquoise over it. Used some glitter glue and sprinkled glitter for the effect of a frozen stream. I taped it to each side of the white snowbank.

On the tempting turquoise background, I used a MFT "snowfall stencil" and some 3d molding paste for a snowy background. To complete my card I used the Lawn Fawn "let is snow" border die and cut it in turquoise. I shaped it around my frame.
 
Well, that's it for me for today. So until next time.......God bless.
 
card details:
Paper: tempting turquoise, whisper white, metallic white (The Paper Company) 
Paper Size: A2 Ink: tangelo twist, tempting turquoise 
Accessories: country fence oval frame, small forest archway (Memory Box), fir trees (Impression obsession), let it snow border (Lawn Fawn), snowfall stencil (MFT), 3D molding paste (American traditional Designs), dazzling diamonds glitter (Stampin'-Up)  

I am also entering:
1.  ABC Challenge is "E" is for everything.
2.  Glitter 'N Sparkle  has a punch/die challenge.
3Christmas Card Challenge has an anything goes.

5 comments:

  1. I love your card and the bright feel of that blue color. Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges. Also, your card has been featured on our Facebook page.

    https://www.facebook.com/christmascardchallenges/?ref=bookmarks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your winter scene is beautiful!I Love the design.Just perfect! Thanks for sharing at the Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scene you created and that fence - love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've created a lovely winter scene on your card. Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge and good luck
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful scenic card but snow? Oh, my. It is just too late in the year. Granite companies here do their own installs also. You can't blame them. It's expensive and heavy stuff. Glad you are pleased with your kitchen upgrades.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails