Thursday, April 14, 2016

~Hugs From Afar~

 
Hello Blogger Friends! thanks for taking the time to visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
Today was my day at Preschool. We are working on the letter "L" so I took my juicer and we made lemonade. The kids loved being able to actually help make it. I cut the lemons in wedges and each child got to put a wedge in the hopper and then watch the juice come out of the chute.
 
They were really interested in the whole process. After we finished the juicing, I added water and sugar and each child was able to taste it. They all came back for 2nd and 3rd helpings. I have never made fresh lemonade and it really is quite delicious. So this day was a success.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #577 on Splitcoaststampers. Barbara was our hostess and she chose pink pirouette, pool party and mossy meadow for her color palette. Optional was to use animals on our card.
 
I decided to use these super cute animal dies from CottageCutz and decided to use them for my card today. I didn’t want to make a baby card so I decided to go with a “thinking of you” type card.

My background designer paper is from the Stampin’-Up “sweet li’l thing” collection. I used a MFT stitched circle die to cut a circle for added interest on my card.
Cut my baby elephant die in pool party and the baby lion die (temporarily sold out) in pink pirouette and used some designer paper for his mane. I lightly sponged around the edges for depth.

My “sending” word is a die from Simon Says Stamp” and I cut in mossy meadow. My sentiment banner is a die from Impression Obsession. The sentiment is from Verve and it’s stamped in mossy meadow ink. I added a pink heart and some twine to complete my card.

If you have any CottageCutz dies, we are having a challenge on the Scrapping Cottage Blog. There are prizes to be won. Click here for more info. That's it for me for today. So until next time.......God Bless.

card details:
Stamps: order thank you (Verve) 
Paper: pool party, pink pirouette, mossy meadow, sweet li’l thing dsp (Stampin’-Up) 
Paper Size: A2 
Ink: mossy meadow, pool party, pink pirouette Accessories: Baby lion, sweet baby elephant dies (CottageCutz), Sending die (Simon Says Stamp), plane and banner, love you dies (Impression Obsession), Blueprints 15 & 18 dies (MFT) blossom twine (Twinery) 
Techniques: die cutting  
I am also entering:
1.  Kleurne Met Potloden has an animals challenge.
2.  Aud Sentiments has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Crafting with an Attitude has an anything goes challenge.

3 comments:

  1. A sweet card Mary, I really like the way you did the little cut out and pretty dp with the cute little critters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet, I love everything about your card. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting with an Attitude. Sue DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is just too cute. I love the images and the warm feel your card gives. thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails