Friday, April 1, 2016

~Nautical Father's Day~

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
Well, today is install day for my countertops. I am typing this post as the 2 installers are busy working in my kitchen. I am so excited to see the finished product.
 
They brought me the cutting board piece and also some samples to take with me to pick out my backsplash. I really like what I have picked. Good thing because its too late to change now (lol).
 
I have been doing dishes down in the basement. It's only a slight inconvenience. But, tomorrow my contractor comes and will hook up the new faucet so I will be able to wash upstairs again. No dishwasher until the new one gets installed. that won't happen until I get my backsplash and floor picked out. So I will be working on that quickly.
 
Anyway, onto my card for today. This one I made for my DT post on The Scrapping Cottage blog. I decided to go with a Father's Day card and a nautical or fishing theme. I make quite a few Father's Day cards so this is just a start.
 
I used some of the nautical dies from the CottageCutz March 2016 release. And, I am also showing an idea using circle dies for something other than just circles. So lets get started with some info on how I made this card.
 
Sail Boat Base: Cut with Stampin-Up night of navy card stock. I used the 3rd largest circle die from the CottageCutz circle (basics) set and cut it in half.  To give it a wood like effect, I used the Tim Holtz woodgrain embossing folder and ran it through my Big Shot machine.  
 
The fishing net is cut from Stampin'-Up crumb cakes card stock and I used the CottageCutz paddles and rope ladder die. The fish are part of this die and I cut those from Stampin'-Up daffodil delight, tangerine tango and marina mist card stocks.
 
Striped Sails: I used patterned paper from an older Paper Pumpkin kit and cut in a triangle shape. One is slightly larger than the other. The "sail pole" is 1/4" wide, cut in navy blue and I taped the sails to it. I made it long enough to tuck behind the boat base.  To make the red flag atop the sails I used a star punch and cut off one of the points.
 
Clouds: I cut these from the Lighthouse w/ clouds die. Looks like it's temporarily sold out. Used white card stock and sponged with medium blue ink. I used dimensional tape to secure them to white base.
Water: I used a stamp from PaperTrey ink "ombre builders" to create my water and I stamped in marina mist ink.  Scattered a few fish in the water.
 
To complete my card I stamped my "happy father's day" sentiment in night of navy ink. The stamp is from MFP "reel men" set. I stamped on an angle for added interest.
 
And, that's my card for today. So until next time.......God bless hugs!!!
 
I am also entering:
1.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Morgan's Artworld has a "for the men" challenge.
3.  The Stamping Boutique has  masculine challenge.
4.  Cute Card Thursday has a transport challenge.
5.  Crafting For All Seasons has a die cuts/punches challenge.

8 comments:

  1. I love this card, so very sweet and bright, adore ships

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Father's Day card Mary! I love the striped sails and the fun net with critters . Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Father's Day card. I love stripes and this is a fun card.

    This is one dapper bear. Beautifully colored - he's just got the perfect tilt of the head.

    So glad you joined us at Morgan's ArtWorld.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing your project and entering our Challenge.
    I hope you can join us again for our next Challenge.
    Angie DT
    Creative Fingers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the boat and the net with all the little creatures on it.
    Thank you for joining in this weeks CCT challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whata great design love that fishing net. Thank you for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons. Helen DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very clever design - so effective! Thank you for joining in with us this week on Cute Card Thursday. Lynn - CCT Design Team xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice!! Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons. Good luck.
    Bye,
    Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-challenges.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails