Sunday, March 27, 2016

He is Risen

 
Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog. I am doing a quick post before Sunday service.
 
Today is Easter Sunday and a day of celebration in the Christian world. Scripture says that death and the grave couldn't hold Jesus down. It's the reason as Christians we have hope. My card for today expresses that hope. He is risen.
 
Karen was our hostess and she chose blackberry bliss, blushing bride and mint macaron. Optional this week is to use a die cut. I love using die cuts on my cards.
 
mint macaron, blushing bride, blackberry bliss
 
For this sample, I used the Taylored Expressions die "stained glass cross". I cut it 3x in the challenge colors and used blackberry bliss panel for the cross frame. I took the other colors and created my stained glass. It was a bit tedious with all the inlaying, but I liked how it turned out. In fact, I made 2 of these cards.  

I die cut the "He is risen" word in mint macaron and then again in blackberry bliss and did a slight offset. This die is from Frantic Stamper. Added it onto a panel of shimmery vellum to complete my card.

Well Blogger friends it's time to close my post and get ready for church. Hope your day is a blessed one.

card details:
Paper: very vanilla, blackberry bliss, pink pirouette, mint macaron, shimmery vellum 
Paper Size: A2 
Accessories: stained glass cross cutting plate (Taylored Expressions), He is risen die (Frantic Stamper

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails