Tuesday, May 3, 2016

`Woof You~

 
Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog.
 
The countdown starts to the end of this preschool year. We have 4 more classes left and our year ends. It was a bit of a challenge with having 8 boys in the class. Class life eventually settled down and they became used to the routine and behavior improved.
 
Now that the year is ending and summer is approaching their energy level is back up again. We weren't able to go outside to play today since their was lots of end of year stuff to get through. Plus we had to practice for the year end program we will be having.
 
I will miss this group of kiddos. At the end of class today, they were doing table activities and playing with play dough and several of the kids cut a heart with a cookie cutter and brought it to me. They all said " I love you Miss Mary". It was so sweet and makes all that I do there so worthwhile.
 
If I haven't said it before, I had a 30 year career in corporate America where I tended to the desires and wants of a large corporation. Now I  am investing myself in the lives of these little ones which is so much more gratifying.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the Free For All Challenge #323 on Splitcoaststampers. Shirley is our hostess and her challenge to us is to create a card with a "dogs are kids, too theme.

I had the perfect paper, dies and stamps for this theme. I created this card and will send it to my daughter-in-law for Mother's Day and sign it from their dog. She will like that because he is like one of their kids. The dog was such a God send to her and my son when they suffered a devastating loss a couple of years ago. He has brought such love and healing to them.

My layout is this week's SC590. So thank you Allison for a great sketch.


 The background designer paper is something I have had in my stash for awhile. It's from American Crafts and double sided so the stripes covered the bottom portion of the sketch requirements.

The pet accent dies are from MFT and my sentiment is from SNSS -the "woof you" set.

And that's my card for today. Time to get started on my post for the Scrapping Cottage Blog for tomorrow. So until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: woof you (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps)  
Paper: cajun craze, whisper white (Stampin'-Up), dp (American Crafts)  
Paper Size: A2  
Ink: chocolate chip  
Accessories: pet accents, blueprints 15 die-namics (MFT0. stitched circle set (CottageCutz
 
I am also entering:
1Crafting From The Heart has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge
3.  Hiding In My Craft Room has a freestyle challenge.

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Great project thanks for joining us at crafting from the heart good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore that!! it is fabulous--thank you for joining us over on the HIMCR blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - a great, fun design.

    Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails