Saturday, June 3, 2023

Hugs Thinking of You Card

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's the first Saturday in June and we are having some great weather here in Pittsburgh. My hubby has all of his vegetable garden in and it's thriving already. We have harvested lettuce, spinach and kale so far. 

Our garlic scapes will be ready in a couple of weeks and then in July the garlic itself gets harvested. I use the scapes to make pesto. We just enjoyed some from last year's harvest a couple of nights ago. It's so delicious. I used it to make us a pizza and then last night we had a pasta dish with fresh veggies and the pesto. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created as a thinking of you card for my friend in Virginia. Her hubby had some devasting health news and I want her to know that I am supporting them both in prayer. 

Design Steps:
I started my card with my background. I had this envelope from an older Stampin'Up Paper Pumpkin Kit in my stash and decided to cut it apart and use it as designer paper. I just thought it was too pretty to use as an envelope. I layered it with an espresso cardstock and then my card base is a powder pink shade.
Powder Pink Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Espresso Layering Panel: 4" x 5 3/8"
Designer Paper Panel: 3 7/8" x 6 1/4"
I cut the Flower 3 images in powder pink cardstock and the pistil in a bold pink cardstock. I used a yellow enamel dot for the centers. The Leafy Branch 3 is cut in olive cardstock.
I cut my Hugs w/Shadow die in the 2 shades of pink cardstock.
Now I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the designer paper panel to the layering panel with double sided tape.
For the images I wanted them lifted slightly off the background, so I used dimensional adhesive to attach them. For the leaves I used a clear drying glue.
To finish off my card I attached the Hugs phrase, added a few enamel dots to the card corners and then secured everything to the card base.
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time ......God bless. 

I am also entering:
1.  Allsorts Challenge is to use dies or anything goes. 
2Creative Fingers Challenge #256 is anything goes. 
3Craft Rocket Challenge is anything goes. 
4.  Creative Inspiration Challenge is anything goes. 
5.  The Crafty Addicts has an anything goes challenge. 


6 comments:

  1. Love the richness of the espresso with pink. A beautiful card, Mary. Thank you for joining the Allsorts challenge and using the dies option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely card with us at Allsorts and using dies for our optional theme.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful thoughtful card,love the D,paper and die-cut flowers.Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautifully designed card, love those flowers!
    Thank you so much for joining our challenge this week at Allsorts!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
    DT - Val, Nan, Leigh x
    https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
    DT - Val, Nan, Leigh x
    https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails