Saturday, June 10, 2023

Hip Hip Hooray Birthday

Hello Blogger Friends. Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this 2nd Saturday in June. 

Today our family will be celebrating my Mother-in-Law's 93rd birthday. She lives with my sister-in-law and that's where the celebration will take place. We are planning a cookout for her. She doesn't get around so well these days but the family is grateful to still have her with us. 

This card won't be going to her. I have another one that is a bit more simple. She doesn't really even look at the handmade cards I give her, so I have learned to keep them on the CAS side. That way I am able to keep a good attitude. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #947 on Splitcoaststampers.
We were to use tahitian tide, orchid oasis and parakeet party for the color trio. Optional this week is to create a birthday card.
tahitian tide, parakeet party, orchid oasis


For my birthday card, I started with the card base. It's from a 2016 Paper Pumpkin Kit. I added a piece of orchid oasis behind the white panel for definition. An orange crimped panel came with the kit.

From there I cut my balloons in the challenge colors. I used designer paper from the Stampin' Up in-color glimmer paper" collection for the bottom 3 balloons. For the top 2 balloons I used a parakeet party dsp and the tahitian tide balloon is cut in the same cardstock and stamped to add some texture. All the dies are from CottageCutz.

I cut the birthday phrase in orchid oasis cardstock for the shadow and orchid oasis glimmer paper for the birthday word. The glimmer paper is an ombre paper so I used the lighter shade for contrast.

 This card will be for the little boy who lives next door. He will be celebrating a birthday in July. We get invited to their kid's birthday parties. And my neighbor is a big supporter of my handmade cards. 

And that's my card for today. So until next time......God bless. 

card details:
Stamps: bitty birthday wishes (MFT)
Paper: orchid oasis, tahitian tide, soft suede, Baked brown sugar, early espresso, in color glimmer paper (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: orchid oasis (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: spring party card, sending hugs, birthday w/shadow dies (CottageCutz), Paper Pumpkin Kit 2016 (Stampin' Up)
I am also entering:
1.  Allsorts Challenge is birthday's or anything goes.
2.  Polkadoodles has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  Seize the Birthday has a birthday challenge w/option of putting your sentiment on a banner. 

4Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday is anything goes. 
5.  Cardz for Guyz has a lots of layers challenge. 



7 comments:

  1. A gorgeous Birthday card, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful bright colors that are perfect for this sweet card. Thank you so much for joining the birthday challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bright and bold design. I agree as people get older the less fussy a card the better they see the design. Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, this is a fabulous card and I love the bright happy colors and that darling bear. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday. I am going to have to remember this color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wgat a gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a bright and happy card, love the colours with the white diecut, I'm sure your neighbour's son will love this. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really sweet birthday card, Mary. Love these colors, they are perfect for a boy's birthday I think.
    Belated birthday wishes to your Mother-in-Law, I'm sure it was a wonderful celebration! I know she appreciated your birthday card even if you kept hers CAS.

    Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge as well as Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails