Friday, June 9, 2023

Patriotic Card

Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Friday to you. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods and that you are getting to enjoy some great late Spring weather. It's just 9 more days and it will officially be summer. Love this time of year with the warm days and the daylight length.

My card for today is a patriotic fun fold. I was invited to guest design once again with the Creative Creases Challenge #59. the fold I am featuring is called a diagonal joy fold. I saw the video on Tami White's YouTube channel. The link is here

Here are my design steps:

I started with a 4 1/4" x 11" red cardstock for my card base. It's scored at 5 1/2"
Used my paper trimmer and made a diagonal cut on the card front. Start at the center top left and cut to the bottom right corner. 
This is what the card should look like after you make the cut.

Next, I cut the designer paper I used for the diagonal panel. I started with a piece 4 1/8" x 5 1/4" and cut it on a diagonal. 
Now for the card insert I used red cardstock measuring 8" x 3" and scored at 4". 
I cut the images in red, white and blue shades. The dies are a brand-new Patriotic Release from CottageCutz.
Now for card assembly. I started with the inside card insert. I stamped a sentiment using the God Bless America set from Blue Knight stamps. I decided to add some fireworks to this panel. The die is also a new one from CottageCutz - Fireworks.

Next, I added the images to the front of the card insert. 
I secured the designer paper to the card panel and also to the card inside. 
To finish off this fun fold, I secured the USA phrase to the diagonal panel with liquid glue. The insert is attached with double sided tape. 
This photo shows the insert attached to card base. 
This last photo shows the card closed. 

That's it for this post. So until next time.....God bless.
 
I am also entering:
1.  Sisterhood of Crafters has a birds challenge. 
2.  Little Red Wagon has a things that fly challenge. 
3.  I Spy with my Little Eye Challenge is something with Wings. 
4.  The Paper Funday is anything goes w/optional of no squares. 
5Craft Rocket Challenge is to use dies. 




5 comments:

  1. I love this diagonal joy fold card, Mary! You certainly made it perfect for the upcoming July 4th holiday and I just love the papers and images you used. Thank you SO much for being our guest designer at Creative Creases. We just love seeing you in the gallery and hope you will be back soon. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary what a fabulous card design ... love the fold and it really makes your USA Eagle POP! Nicely done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    Owner
    Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    More challenge fun beginning July 7th … check it out … SIMPLY CLEAN & SIMPLE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous patriotic card! Love the card fold you used here, so fun and creative!
    Thank you so much for playing along at "I spy with my little eye" this month!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, this is such a sweet and Patriotic card. I love Mr. Eagle! Thanks for inspiring us at the Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to seeing more from you soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable patriotic eagle, Mary. Perfect fold and great instructions. I'll be using it soon. Thank you for being a Guest Designer for Creative Creases.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails