Sunday, June 25, 2023

America - Celebrating July 4th

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. The last Sunday in June- just wondering how this month went by so quickly. It's now officially summer and I am enjoying it. 

Looking forward to my California kids coming in a few weeks. It's always a great family time. My daughter-in-law and granddaughter are up in Boston now with her parents. My son will join them and then they fly here to Pittsburgh. I am anticipating their arrival. My granddaughter and I will have a great time doing lots of fun things together. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I made to send out for a 4th of July card to one of my friends. I like to make and send partiotic cards. They are always appreciated by the recipient. 

Card details:
I decided to make a nighttime city skyline card. I started off doing some ink blending of the sky using distress inks. I used Bristol smooth cardstock and prized ribbon, villainous potion, black soot, fossilized amber and wild honey inks. I think this cardstock blends the inks so smoothly.
Slimline Panel: 8 1/2" x 3 3/4"
Then I cut the America phrase and the fireworks image in red and blue cardstocks.
For the city skyline, I used the City Skyline Slimline die and cut it in black cardstock.
Now I am ready to start my card assembly. I attached the images with a clear drying liquid glue and double-sided tape.
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless.

Dies I used to create card:



I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Calendar Challenge is summertime. 
2.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends is anything goes. 
4Craft Rocket Challenge wants us to use dies. 
5.  Krafty Chicks Challenge is all occasions- Mine is 4th of July. 

 

4 comments:

  1. The colors of your blended background look great being that skyline die, fabulous card! Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble and at Krafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great 4th of July card. The blended background is beautiful. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the night scene - great slimline card! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The background sky you created is beautiful and love the combination of the dies you used to make a beautiful 4th of July skyline card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble. Happy 4th of July

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails