Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Happy Birthday Brother

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

June is quickly going to become history and July will be upon us. We will be celebrating the 4th of July this weekend. 
Our local community is going to have fireworks Friday evening. Not sure why they moved it up this year. But we will be there along with a whole lot of other people enjoying a beautiful display in the night sky. 

Now onto my card for today. This masculine card is for my brother who is an avid trout fisherman. He has a lake near his home and would go every morning and catch the limit for the day. He even shared with my hubby and I. They were already scaled, debone and filleted and ready for a quick pan fry. So delicious and healthy.

I created my outdoor fishing scene using dies from CottageCutz. Used the Pond w/Cattails & Lily Pad die, the Fishing Pole & Boat and the Fishing Gear die. 

I was inspired by this card I saw on Pinterest. I changed it up by using different colors and dies from CottageCutz, eliminated the sun, clouds and grass and added fishing boots and a bobber.

My background is bermuda bay designer paper from the "oh so ombre" collection from Stampin' Up.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless. 

card details:
Stamps: computer generated
Paper: cherry cobbler, bermuda bay, old olive, pacific point, smoky slate. soft suede, baked brown sugar, crumb cake, oh so ombre dsp (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: early espresso, soft suede (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: fishing pole & boat, fishing gear, pierced wide rectangle frame dies (CottageCutz),
I am also entering:
1.  Simon Says Stamp has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  2 Sisters on the Blog has a men's card and hobby challenge. 
3.  The Creative Crafter has an anything goes challenge. 
4.  Make My Monday has an "on the water" challenge".
5.  Gem of a Challenge has an anything goes challenge. 



8 comments:

  1. Fabulous, Mary - so many great fishing accessories! Just darling, and I love the stitch lines on the frame! He will love it! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a fun boating theme card that's perfect for anyone who enjoy fishing. Thank you for creating this card to share with us at MMM, love all the elements

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this beautifully created scene. Thanks for joining my challenge at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card.
    Thanks for sharing it.
    Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card. Fishing themed stuff is "in" right now. I'm sure your brother will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such a nice card!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at 2Sistersontheblog
    Caroline DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautifull card , thanks for sharing it with us at The Creative Crafters Challenge Blog.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails