Saturday, July 1, 2023

America...Land that I Love

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this first Saturday in July. 

It's our Independence Day weekend here in the U.S. The actual celebration is on the 4th of July but people will be celebrating with families and friends on different days. We will be celebrating with some friends on the 4th. 

Our community had a fireworks display last evening. We were set to go but changed our minds at the last minute.  We have been having bad air quality from the Canadian forest fires. So, we decided to stay home. 

But, I am celebrating today with a slimline card that I made using CottageCutz dies. The inspiration for my card came from a red truck that I saw driving by me recently. I loved the flag furling in the wind from the back of his truck. So, my card idea was born.

Design Steps:
I cut my flag in red, white and blue. I love how the detail in this die that gives the impression that it is waving in the wind.
Next, I cut my truck. I used the CottageCutz die - Flatbed Truck w/Accessories
I stenciled some clouds in broken china distress ink and added a 1/2" section of black cardstock with small white lines down the middle as a road for the truck. 
My card elements are ready and I can start card assembly. I attached the truck and the flag with dimensional adhesive. The America Phrase was secured with clear drying glue.
To finish off my card, I stamped a sentiment underneath the America phrase and scattered a few stars.
Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time......God bless. 

Card Details:
Stamps: God Bless America (Blue Knight Stamps)
Paper: white, real red, blueberry bushel, soft suede, black, smoky slate, basic gray (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: 8 1/2" x 4"
Ink: blueberry bushel (Stampin' Up), broken china distress (Ranger)
Accessories: Flatbed Truck, USA Flag, Patriotic Rainbow
Techniques: slimline card
I am also entering:
1.  Sweet Stampin' has a no designer paper challenge. 
2.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  Crafty Calendar has an anything goes challenge
4.  Krafty Chicks Challenge is anything goes. 
5.  Word Art Wednesdays has an anything goes challenge. 

4 comments:

  1. Love this card! Such great dies, a wonderful patriotic card. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, I love the design. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of die cuts. Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is wonderful - great design! Thanks for joining in with us this time at Sweet Stampin' - Sarah, DT.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails