Tuesday, July 4, 2023

July 4 - God Bless America

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks fortaking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. It's the 4th of July and our Independence Day celebration today in the USA. 

Hope whatever you have planned is fun and a relaxing time to spend with friends and family. We are going out with friends this afternoon. Tonight will be a quiet evening at home. Usually some of our neighbors put on a fireworks display so we will get to see some. 

The City of Pittsburgh has one as well but it's a bit crazy going down there to watch. We did that one year and took the transit train back home but getting on took some time and the crowds with the same idea was amazing. So we don't go down anymore. 

My card for today is featuring the Statue of Liberty die in a diagonal joy fold design. Here is a link to another card I made in this design with a complete tutorial. All the dies on today's card are from CottageCutz.

I looked at photos online of the Statue of Liberty to get an idea of the color. Over the years it took on a green patina with copper underneath. So, I attempted to recreate that color by using distress inks in salvaged patina and hickory smoke.

For the background on this image panel, I used prized ribbon, salvaged patina and villainous potion distress inks for the ink blending. My buildings are cut from the City Skyline Slimline die and I added a few glittery stars to this panel.

On the diagonal panel I used designer paper and I cut my July 4 phrase from the Stitched Alphabet and Stitched Numbers die.  The red swirl is part of the USA Flag die that I had left over from another card.
This is a photo of the card closed. 
And here is the card inside. I used the Fireworks die from CottageCutz. 
That's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless. 







I am also entering:
1. Crafting Happiness Challenge is anything goes. 
2.  Cupcake Inspirations has a red, white and blue challenge. 
3.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge. 
4 Cardz For Galz has a more than one fold challenge. 
5Creative Creases challenge #60 is anything goes with a fun fold.  



6 comments:

  1. This is cool!! I LOVE all the dies you used on this. FABULOUS design. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, this is such a great card. I've done joy folds before but I don't think I've ever done a diagonal. You did a beautiful job on Lady Liberty. Thank you for entering this celebratory card at Creative Creases.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Mary, I feel the holiday at its max in your card! Love the images and the wonderful diagonal fun fold. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, love this unique patriotic fun-fold. Thank you for joining us for Creative Creases Challenge #60. Hope to see you for Challenge #61

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, thank you fro playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great design and such a clever fold too - love it!

    Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails