Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Peace and Joy Snow Globe

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

I can't believe that July 2023 is almost a wrap. The summer months seem to be flying by that's for sure. I have been busy with the harvest from my hubby's veggie garden. 

It seems I get the harvest taken care of and then another huge batch comes through. But, it will be wonderful to enjoy the delicious food this coming winter. 

I wanted to get some of my Christmas in July cards posted before July is over. I have several of them.

This one I made for the color challenge #952 on Splitcoaststampers. The colors we were to use were daffodil delight, melon mambo, granny apple green and coastal cabana. Optional was to use die cuts or a punch.
daffodil delight, melon mambo, granny apple green, coastal cabana

I love this color combo and thought I would try making a Christmas card. I wanted to use these new Folk Art dies from CottageCutz and the colors were perfect for the house and trees. So I decided to put them into a snow globe.

I used some older designer paper from the "snowflake splendor" collection for the background and then covered it with vellum for a softer appeal.

For the snow effect inside the snow globe, I used the softly falling embossing folder. I covered the images with a window sheet, but you can't really tell in this photo.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless.

card details:
Paper: coastal cabana, daffodil delight, granny apple green, melon mambo, choc chip, vellum, snowflake splendor dsp (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Accessories: folk art house (large) die, folk art trees die, circle die, snowglobe die, peace and joy wreath die (CottageCutz), window sheet, softly falling ef (Stampin' Up) )
Techniques: die cuts
I am also entering:
1.  The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge is anything goes. 
2.  The Crafters Cafe has a Christmas in July challenge. 
3.  Get Creative Challenges #123 is Christmas in July. 
4Craft Rocket Challenge is Christmas in July
5.  Christmas Craft Creations is anything goes. 





3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous palette for a Christmas card Mary - love it! Great design too! Thank you for sharing this wonderful Christmas card with us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge, I hope you’ll join us again soon and well done for adding another card to your stash!
    Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, and those colors are perfect!! Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Craft Creations!!
    **Please note that to be eligible for our prizes, or to be our winner or honourable mention, you should include our challenge graphic in your blog post. I’ll check back before the challenge end date to see if you’ve updated to be eligible 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really wonderful card and great design. Thanks a lot for joining us at our Anything Goes Challenge by
    Christmas Craft Creations Challenge
    Good luck and hope to see you again.
    Hugs and greetings Angela DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails