Sunday, July 9, 2023

Floral Birthday

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

It's been a good weekend. We went to a graduation party yesterday for one of our neighbor's sons. I can't believe he is all grown up now.
 
He and a few other kids used to come in the summer and ring our doorbell and then run. You know the things kids think are funny. When we asked them about it a funny thing happened. They stopped doing it. I guess since they were found out it was no fun anymore. 

Anyway, it was a day to honor him for all his high school accomplishments and for his acceptance into college this fall. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #953 on Splitcoaststampers. We were to use sweet sorbet, azure afternoon and balmy blue for the color trio. Optional was to use your favorite green. I chose granny apple green.

sweet sorbet, balmy blue, azure afternoon

My card is using an older Stampin' Up set- Bloom by Bloom. This is the first inking of this set. This one was inspired by a card Magie Etampes that I saw on Pinterest. She used a totally different color palette.

I don't have sweet sorbet ink, so I used watermelon wonder. It's a very close match. I used azure afternoon to stamp the dots. I ink blended the corner of the image panel and then the corner of the card base with tumbled glass distress ink. It a nice match for balmy blue.

I added a sweet sorbet layer to my image panel. Die cut the birthday sentiment in sweet sorbet and white cardstocks to complete my card.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.....God bless.

Card details:
Stamps: Bloom by Bloom (Stampin' Up)
Paper: whitem sweet sorbet (Stampin' Up), Bristol smooth cardstock (Canson)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: watermelon wonder, azure afternoon (Stampin' Up), tumbled glass distress (Ranger)
Accessories: stitched scallop rectangle die, birthday w/shadow die (CottageCutz)
I am also entering:
1.  We Love Stamping has a florals challenge. 
2.  Gem of a Challenge is anything goes. 
3.  Sweet Stampin' has a Flowers/Blooming Beautiful challenge. 
4.  Krafty Chicks has a stamp-act challenge. 
5.  TTTC216 -from the board-I chose-green/blue-layers-die cut





7 comments:

  1. A lovely modern feel to the pretty floral image, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary... this is such a fun, fresh floral! Just lovely. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Tic Tac Toe this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright and beautiful, love your bold flowers and lovely design. Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin' Challenges.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really gorgeous Mary. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most wonderful card! Love the blue and red colour combo! And that big bold flower! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this past week for our Stamp Act theme :) Hope you join us again soon.
    Diane - DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous floral stamp, lovely card!
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails