Saturday, July 22, 2023

Folk Art Heart

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's been a busy couple of weeks here in my home. My hubby's garden harvest is coming in abundantly, and I have been busy making pesto and freezing, stuffing banana peppers and freezing, making zucchini bread and enjoying and also stuffing zucchini. 

I made a birthday meal for my next-door neighbor as well. I sent over some stuffed zucchini (hot & sweet Italian sausage) and some of my homemade pesto and pasta. She loved her gift as did her hubby.

Now this coming week my California kids are coming in for a week. I am so excited to see them and enjoy some great family time. My precious little granddaughter has been counting down the days. As I am!

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for a group DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. A new release of Folk Art designs are in the online store and this is one of the cards I have made. More to come so stay tuned. 

I used the colors from this week's color challenge #951 on Splitcoaststampers.
We were to use berry burst, lemon lolly and shaded spruce for our color trio. Optional was flowers and they are part of the folk art heart. 
berry burst, lemon lolly, shaded spruce

I embossed the card base with a floral embossing folder for added interest since this card is a bit more on the clean and simple side.  The folder is from the Stampin' Up "Greenery" folders. 

The heart is cut in the required challenge colors. I stamped my sentiment in berry burst ink on lemon lolly cardstock. Added a few sequins to finish off the card.

I made this card for my good friend who is dealing with a "C" diagnosis on her hubby. I want to let her know that I am supporting both of them.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless.

Card details:
Stamps: charming sentiments (Stampin' Up)
Paper: very vanilla, lemon lolly, berry burst, shaded spruce (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: berry burst (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: folk art heart die (CottageCutz), greenery embossing folders (Stampin' Up), sequins (Darice)
Techniques: dry embossing
I am also entering:
1.
  Creative Fingers Challenge is anything goes. 
2.  Creative Inspiration Challenge is anything goes. 
3.  Tic Tac Toe Challenge #218. I chose friendship, any color, any shape die.
4.  Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday is anything goes. 
5Word Art Wednesday is anything goes. 





5 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
    DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Catherine x
    https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary that sentiment is perfect for your card and I'm sure your friend will see her spirits lifted when she receives it. Thanks for sharing with us at TicTacToe Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful clean and simple card! I'm loving the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty- it does look like fold art~~ Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty and loving the color scheme!
    Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails