Saturday, July 29, 2023

Christmas Poinsettia

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

My son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter are here from CA for a week. We have had some wonderful family time. 

It's been so hot and humid here in Pittsburgh this past week. I just came from a refreshing swim with my granddaughter and hubby in our neighbor's pool. My granddaughter is busy with an art project right now so I thought I would do a quick Blog post.

This card I made to celebrate Christmas in July. I used the colors from the color challenge #955 We were to use soft succulent, poppy parade and petal pink for the color trio. Optional is Christmas in July. 
petal pink, poppy parade, soft succulent

I don't have petal pink cardstock, so I used powder pink for my poinsettia. Since there are no veins in this die, I added them with powder pink ink and a brush and for the top layer I used a R20 Copic marker.

The leaves are cut in soft succulent cardstock and then shaded with the same ink for a deeper hue. After I finished this card, I found some soft succulent glimmer paper, so I cut the holly leaves in that paper for a little shine. I decided not to remove the other piece of cardstock but kept it for a darker border.

Stamped my Merry Christmas sentiment in poppy parade. It's a new to me stamp set from The Ton Stamps. It's called "fill it in holiday". I bought it last year at a rubber stamp show but never used it at Christmas. Found it a couple of days ago.

That's it for me for this post. So until next time.....God bless.

Card Details:
Stamps: fill it in holiday (The Ton Stamps)
Paper: poppy parade, soft succulent, powder pink, soft succulent glimmer paper (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: 5" x 6"
Ink: soft succulent, powder pink (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: poinsettia floral die (CottageCutz), poppy parade enamel dots (Stampin' Up)
I am also entering:
1.  Cardz 4 Galz wants us to use soemthing beginning with a "P". 
2 Creative Knockouts has a Christmas in July challenge. 
3.  Krafty Chicks has an all occasions challenge. 
4Crafty Gals has a Christmas in July challenge. 
5Simon Says Stamp has an anything goes challenge. 




2 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty Poinsettia and I like how you added the veins to give definition. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4Galz Johanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning card - love the way you added the flower details, and the overall 'feel' of the card. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails