Monday, August 7, 2023

Precious Poppies

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

Welcome to August and I can't help but saying the summer months are flying by at a rapid rate. Our CA kids were here for a visit last week, so no Blog posts from me. We had such a wonderful family time with our CA & Pittsburgh kids and especially the grandkids. Now, my house is way too quiet. 

We are going to visit our CA kids in the early Fall. Just not sure when yet. We didnt make it out in the Spring so it was 6 months since we saw them. Just way too long even though we did Facetime calls. It's just not the same as an in-person visit. 

My hubby also has started the harvest from his vegetable garden. He picked 37 banana peppers the other day. I spent Friday and Saturday stuffing them with a combo of Sweet & Hot Italian sausage. I froze them for wintertime enjoyment. And I shared 6 of them with our next-door neighbors. They love them. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the DTGD challenge on Splitcoaststampers. For this particular challenge we were to use stencils. 

The stencil I used is from The Ton Stamps. It's the precious poppies stencil and it is a multi-layer stencil. The ink is also from The Ton - rose quartz, soft garnet, red sangria. The card base is polished pink cardstock from Stampin' Up. 

I didn't add a sentiment because I am not sure how I will use this card yet. 

Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time.......God bless. 

card details:
Paper: polished pink, white (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: rose quartz, soft garnet, red sangria (The Ton Stamps)
Accessories: precious poppies stencil (The Ton Stamps)
Techniques: stenciling

I am also entering:

1.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  Gem of a Challenge Week 16 is anything goes. 
3.  Inkspirational has a stencils challenge w/optional of layering stencils. 
4.  Polkadoodles has an anything goes challenge. 
5Cardz 4 Galz wants us to use something beginning with "P". I used a poppies stencil.










3 comments:

  1. Sometimes simple is so stunning. This is definitely one of those times. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining the Polkadoodles challenge this week. Good luck with your entry.

    Crafty Hugs, Renske Polkadoodles DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clear image and vibrant colours. This is lovely! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails