Sunday, August 20, 2023

Birthday Wishes & Poppies

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

Another weekend is almost over, so I hope you had some fun plans. We were invited to a birthday party yesterday afternoon. It was a great time chatting with friends and we even met a new one. There was lots of delicious food and of course plenty of sweet treats. I steered clear of the dessert table which wasn't easy, and they also had an ice cream truck come bringing more goodies. 

Today I spent some time in the kitchen roasting the tomatoes from my hubby's garden. His harvest is coming in and it will be here for another month or longer. We love eating fresh from the garden and freeze a lot to enjoy in the winter.

Now onto my card for today. this one I created for the color challenge #960 on Splitcoaststampers. I was the hostess, and I chose berry burst, bubble bath and lost lagoon for my color trio. Optional was an anything goes. I chose polished pink for my option.
berry burst, bubble bath, lost lagoon

I used a new to me poppy stencil from The Ton Stamps to create my card. It's a multi-layered stencil. 

I don't have bubble bath ink, so I used spun sugar distress ink and I thought it was a good match. That's the first stencil layer. Second layer is polished pink (my option), and the 3rd layer is berry burst.

Leaves are stenciled in lost lagoon ink. Added my sentiment, scattered a few berry burst sequins to finish it off.

This card is a bit larger than I usually make because of the size of the stencil. It measures 4 1/2" x 6". I don't have any 12 x 12 cardstock in berry burst. So, I did a hinge technique for this card. Here is a link for another card I did that explains this technique.

This card was just mailed to my daughter-in-law for her birthday. She loves flowers. Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless.

Card Details:

Stamps: Lighthouses (MFP)
Paper: berry burst, bubble bath (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: 4 1/2" x 6"
Ink: polished pink, berry burst, lost lagoon (Stampin' Up) spun sugar distress (Ranger)
Accessories: peaceful poppies stencil (The Ton Stamps), Wishes w/Shadow die (CottageCutz), Berry Burst sequins (Stampin' Up)
Techniques: stenciling
I am also entering:
1.  Beautiful Blossoms has an anything goes with flowers challenge. 
2.  Creations in Pink has an anything goes challenge with mainly pink. 
3.  Stencil Fun Challenge is anything goes w/optional butterflies.
4Gem of a Challenge Week 17 is anything goes. 
5.  My Time to Craft has a stenciling challenge. 



4 comments:

  1. a beautiful card i love the flowers beautiful coloring
    thanks for joining us at creations in pink
    hus Ellen DT CIP

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what can I say except SIMPLY GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your project! Thanks so much for joining in this month’s challenge over at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and hope you come join us again!

    lovies, =o) kel
    Beautiful Blossoms DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous stenciling and colors.
    Thanks for linking this up at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge! xxo, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails