Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Swan Silhouette

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

August is moving right along. It's already halfway through the month. I want to put the brakes on and slow the days down a bit (lol)!!!

We had our family reunion this past Saturday. It was a great time of spending time with family and lots of good food. My hubby picked about 40 banana peppers so that was my food contribution. 

I stuff them with hot & sweet Italian sausage plus onion, garlic, oregano, Italian seasoning and a can of Trader Joe's fire roasted tomatoes w/diced chilies. That was the first dish to be emptied. Two of my nieces asked if I could share the next batch I stuff. So that's what I did yesterday for them. 

Today, I have garden tomatoes to roast with onion, garlic olive oil and balsamic glaze. Then I put them in a food processor to puree and freeze them.  Doing it this way I end up with a delicious marina to enjoy in the winter. 

But, before I get into the kitchen, I wanted to post a card. This one I made for the DTGD challenges on Splitcoaststampers. I was hosting this challenge and I wanted everyone to use a silhouette. The silhouette could either be a stamp or a die cut. 

I started my card with the background paper. It's from the "Landscapes Paper Pack" from Divinity Designs. The stamp and sentiment I used is from Blue Knight Stamps - "swan scene". I stamped with black archival ink from Ranger. 

This will be the card I give to my hubby on our anniversary in November. And, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time......God bless. 

card details:
Stamps: Swan Scene (Blue Knight Stamps)
Paper: gorgeous grape, basic black (Stampin' Up), landscapes paper pad (Divinity Designs)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: jet black archival (ranger)

I am also entering:
1.  Simon Says Stamp has a CAS challenge. 
2.  The Crafty Addicts has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  The Paper Funday Challenge is anything goes w/optional the great outdoors. 
4.  Crafting Happiness Challenge is anything goes. 
5.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge. 





3 comments:

  1. I don't know which was better - your card or your description of the food you've made. Both wonderful! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Thanks so much for participating in our LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Stuffed Banana Peppers sound divine! Your card is equally as lovely, the colors are stunning. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails