Thursday, August 24, 2023

Merry and Bright

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

I have been busy with the bounty from my hubby's garden. He picked 50 banana peppers, and they were waiting to be stuffed, some shared and the rest put in the freezer. I stuff them with a hot & sweet Italian sausage, onions, garlic, seasonings and a can of fire roasted tomatoes w/chiles. I sent 7 large ones to my niece, 8 large ones to my next door neighbor and 7 large ones to my son and daughter-in-law. 

I also roasted a bunch of tomatoes today. My hubby grows heirloom, opalka and some other round ones. I never asked him for the name of the round ones. But the heirloom and opalka when roasted with garlic, onion, olive oil, salt, pepper and a drizzle of balsamic glaze make for the most delicious marinara sauce. After roasting I put them in the food processor and puree the mixture then freeze. 

I will be in the kitchen daily until the beginning of October. That's when his harvest will stop. But I don't mind because everything I make, and freeze is another meal to be enjoyed over the winter months. 

Now onto my card for today. this one I made for the color challenge #958 on Splitcoaststampers. We were to use polished pink, gold and mossy meadow for the color trio. Optional is to make it Christmas.

polished pink, gold, mossy meadow

For my card I used a Suzy's watercolor print from Simon Says Stamp. You can use any medium to color it though. I used a combo of Stampin' Up (polished pink & misty moonlight (neutral)) & Copic alcohol markers and Prismacolor pencils and gamsol.

Card base is mossy meadow with a strip of gold. Scattered some gold epoxy gems to finish it off. That's it for me for this post so until next time......God bless. 

card details:
Paper: mossy meadow, brushed gold (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Accessories: Suzy's Watercolor Snowman prints (SSS), gold epoxy gems (Stampin' Up), polished pink & misty moonlight Stampin" Blends (Stampin' Up), E31, E33, E57, E59, C00 Copic Markers, Prismacolor pencils 1090 Kelp Green, Black, Gamsol
I am also entering:
1.  Christmas Craft Creations has a clean and simple challenge.
3 Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge. 
4A Perfect time to Craft has an anything goes challenge. 
5Crafty Animals has an anything goes with an animal. 








1 comment:

  1. Lovely design Mary, and beautifully coloured. Please note that to be eligible for our prizes, or to be our winner or honourable mention, you should include our challenge graphic in your blog post. I'll check back before the challenge end date to see if you've updated to be eligible :) Thank you for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails