Sunday, June 11, 2023

Folk Art Flower Pot

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

We started our day off with church. It was a great service, and our Pastor had a powerful sermon today. 

Afterwards we went out to lunch with another couple from church. We had a good time and lots of good conversation and the restaurant they picked served up some good food. Now it's just a laid-back afternoon so I thought I would get a Blog post done.  

This card I made using some new Folk Art dies from CottageCutz. Here are the details on how I created this card. 

Design Steps:

I first selected my card colors. I decided on a tahitian blue shade, and I had glimmer paper to match for my background. I wanted a rectangular frame around the flowerpot. The only die I had that was the size I needed is the Pierced Wide Rectangle Frame die also from CottageCutz. 

Next, I cut the flowerpot with Stampin' Up tahitian blue cardstock. The flowers are cut in daffodil delight, gorgeous grape and polished pink cardstocks. The stem is cut from granny apple green cardstock. These are bright summer colors. 
I cut my hello phrase in a bright pink cardstock. It's the same shade as one of the flowers. 
Now I am ready to start card assembly. I first attached the glimmer paper to the white frame. I used dimensional adhesive to attach the flowerpot. I wanted it lifted off the background.
To finish off my card, I attached the image panel to the card base using double sided tape. Added the hello phrase on an angle for interest and secured with liquid glue. I added a couple more hearts to the glimmer paper.
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time ......God bless. 

I am also entering:
1.  Gem of a Challenge is anything goes. 
2.  Crafty Calendar Challenge is Summertime.
3.  Just Us Girls #683 is use the word "hello".
4.  Crafty Catz is anything goes w/optional to use pink and purple. I used some but not exclusively. 
5.  As you Like It has a pastels or brights challenge. My favorite colors are brights.


 

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, so sweet and pretty..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet and cute, just what we needed over at JUGS! Thank you for joining us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Mary. I like the colours and the die cuts. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Mary, such a clean and fresh design. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous die cut flower pot, Mary, and I'm loving all your bright spring colors! So happy to see you playing this week in our challenge at Crafty Catz. Good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails