Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Spring Floral

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

Today is the first official day of summer and the longest day of the year. I love this day and this time of year when the daylight hours extend to after 9:00 pm. It's a beautiful day here as well. Our flower gardens are in bloom and look so pretty. It's all my hubby's doing, I can't take credit for any of it. He has such a great display of color in the yard. 

Now onto this card for today. I made this one for the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #949. We were to use gorgeous grape, pale papaya and polished pink for our color trio. Optional this week is anything goes. I used jewels for an embellishment.
gorgeous grape, pale papaya, polished pink

I needed a card of encouragement for my friend who just received a not so good report on her husband's health. He was diagnosed with kidney cancer. 

I used the Spring Blooms die from CottageCutz for the floral arrangement. They are cut in the challenge colors plus mossy meadow (neutral) for the leaves and stems.

The background pale papaya designer paper is from the Stampin' Up "expressions in ink" collection. I framed my design with a wide rectangle die also from CottageCutz. 

My sentiment is a stamp from the Penny Black "blooming sentiments" collection. To finish off this card, I added a few pale papaya jewels.

Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless. 

card details:
Stamps: blooming sentiments (Penny Black)
Paper: gorgeous grape, pale papaya, polished pink, mossy meadow, expressions in ink dsp (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: gorgeous grape (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Spring Blooms, Pierced Wide Rectangle Frame dies (cottageCutz), in-color jewels (Stampin' Up)

I am also entering:
1.  A Place to Start has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  A Perfect Time to Craft has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  Ally's Angels has an anything goes challenge. 
4 Beautiful Blossoms has an anything goes w/Flowers challenge. 
5.  Crafts Galore Encore Challenge is anything goes. 





6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card of encouragement for your friend and her husband. Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and sharing the love of all things Flowers.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mary! Love your project. Great utilization of the challenge colors! Thanks for hanging out at A Place to Start !
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    A Place to Start , Owner
    613 Avenue Create , Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card, but I am sorry for the sad circumstances that required you to make it. I love the colors and the layout....Thanks so much for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I'm sure somene will be grateful for your caring. I love the design and the flowers.

    Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    ~ DT Dagmara

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty and comforting. Thanks for linking this up at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge! XXO, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beatifully put together - love the floral spray.

    Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails