Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Forest Friends Birthday

Hello Blogger friends. Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

Yesterday was Memorial Day here in the U.S. Our local community always hosts a parade to honor the ones that have fallen in battle for our country. It's always well attended and then following the parade there is a ceremony in the local cemetery. We went with our next-door neighbor and her 2 little ones. They were dressed in their patriotic clothes and just loved the parade. 

Then the neighbor on the other side invited us for a cookout. It was nice getting to visit with them for the evening. We had the usual picnic fare of hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad and baked beans and strawberry shortcake for dessert. Everything was so delicious. 

Not onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #948 that I hosted. The colors were so saffron, calypso coral and mossy meadow. Optional was to use designer paper. 
so saffron, calypso coral, mossy meadow

I started my card with the designer paper. It's from the Stampin' Up "happy forest friends" collection. Then I built my scene from there. I decided to make a 5 3/4" square card because I didn't want to cut away too much of the paper.

The animal images are from the CottageCutz "campin' out" collection. The fox is cut in calypso coral and then I sponged with the same ink to get a deeper shade. I did the same with the little bird.

The happy birthday phrase was stamped and colored with Stampin' Blends alcohol ink markers. 

Well that's it for me for this post so until next time......God bless. 

Card Details:
Stamps: happy birthday (Lil' Bluebird Designs), bitty birthday phrases (MFT)
Paper: calypso coral, crumb cake, baked brown sugar, smoky slate, happy forest friends dsp (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: 5 3/4" square
Ink: tuxedo black (Memento)
Accessories: campin' out, holiday owls dies (CottageCutz)
I am also entering:
1.  The Cutie Pie Challenge has a 4 legged friends theme. 
2.  Gem of a Challenge is anything goes. 
3.  Use Your Stuff is anything goes.
4.  AAA Birthday #49 is a balloon challenge.  








2 comments:

  1. Super cute card Mary. Lovely birthday scene you've created. Thanks for joining us at AAA Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little scene! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Birthday, hope you'll join us again. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails