Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Congrats on a New Home

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

Wow- it's been awhile since I posted on my Blog. It's not that I haven't been creating but life has been a busy. I hold an elected position in my community, and we just had our primary elections here in PA. So, I was involved with that. Then we went away for a few days to NY for my grandson's graduation. 

But, I have a fun card today that I made for my brother-in-law and his wife who are building a new home. I will give it to them when they move in along with a housewarming gift. My sister-in-law has even asked me to help her pick out new furniture for her home. I am excited to help there. 

Since I knew the theme of my card, I started off thinking about my background. I have a paper pad with different heavenly skies backgrounds. I selected this one with a blue sky and sun rays. I thought it would work perfectly with the die images.

The paper is 6" x 9" so I carefully cut it at 4 1/8" x 5 1/2".

Yellow Card base: 4 5/8" x 5 3/4"
Blue Layer: 4 1/4" x 5 5/8"
Designer Paper Layer: 4 1/8" x 5 1/2"
 
Next, I cut the birdhouse & bird images in cardstock with colors that would coordinate with the background paper.
I used an older die for my die cut phrase. It's the "Our New Home" die. I cut it in pacific point cardstock from Stampin' Up. 
Now that all my elements are cut, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the layering panel and designer paper to the card base with double sided tape.
Next, I attached all the images with dimensional adhesive. On the windows I cut a pale-yellow cardstock to give the illusion of inside light. I placed this in the window openings.
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless. 

Card Details:
Paper: daffodil delight, balmy blue, pacific point, pretty in pink, polished pink, sahara sand, soft suede (Stampin' Up), heavenly skies dsp (Divinity Designs)
Paper Size: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Ink: rusty hinge, antique linen distress (Ranger)
Accessories: spring birdhouse cup, our new home dies (CottageCutz)
I am also entering:
1.  Allsorts challenge is anything goes. 
2.  Polkadoodles challenge is anything goes. 
3.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends challenge is anything goes. 
4.  Crafty Catz has an anything goes challenge. 
5.  Cardz 4 Galz has a background challenge. 









8 comments:

  1. The background paper is lovely and just right for the rest of the card. I like the birds they are so cute on their teacup house. Thanks for playing along at Cardz4galz, Johanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect paper match for the sweet scene! And a charming new house card. Thank you so much for joining the celebration challenge at Allsorts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, a beautiful card for your brother and sister-in-law's big move, love the two birds on the cup. Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing your pretty card at our Allsorts 14th Birthday celebrations.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking part in Allsorts 14th birthday celebrations with this super cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning background and card, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! The background paper was a perfect choice and I love that little tea cup house. Thank you for sharing and playing along with Polkadoodles ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the background glow and great little image. Thanks for joining the challenge at Polkadoodles challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails