Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Safari Gang

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

Well, Thanksgiving 2020 is in the history books and now it's time to get ready for Christmas. I took down all my fall decorations on Saturday. Seemed like I had a lot more this year. It took several hours to get everything packed and boxed. That's the part I don't like is the putting away. 

I had intended to start Christmas decorating but that didn't happen. We did get the wreaths on the windows and my hubby did the outside decorations. So something is done. I will start tomorrow with the inside. I usually spread it out over several days. I decorate every nook and cranny plus 2 trees. I am not doing a 3rd one this year because my sweet little granddaughter isn't coming for a visit. I am disappointed but I understand their hesitancy to get on an airplane. 

Anyway, I will give updates on how I am progressing with my decorating. I still have my cards to finish so I have to work that in with the decorating. And, I usually bake and make lots of homemade chocolates. I am not sure if I will scale back on that or not. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for a group post on the CottageCutz Blog. There is a new release of dies every year for Black Friday and this year it's a safari theme. I used the new Safari Peekers die to create a birthday card. I am going to send it to my granddaughter for her December birthday. She has lots of stuffies at my house that she plays with when she comes to visit and all the animals in the jeep are in her toy box. 

To complement the Safari theme, I chose a background paper with various shades of greenery that looks like a jungle. It's from the Stampin'-Up 'forever greenery" collection. Since the paper is a little busy, I framed it and then popped up the images to add dimension and the appearance of the designer paper to be off in the background. 

I stamped the sentiment and added it to the corner and my card is completed. It's from the MFT "The Whole Herd" set. Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless. 

dies I used to create card:



I am also entering:
1.  Arty Divas has an anything goes challenge. 
2Crafty Sentiments Designs has an anything goes challenge. 
3 Lemon Shortbread has an anything goes challenge. 
4.  2 Crafty Critter Crazies has an anything goes with a critter. 
5.  Crafty Animals has an anything goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails