Saturday, December 19, 2020

Polar Friends

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this weekend before Christmas. 

I am busy making cookies and candy today. Don't think if I will finish everything today but I will get done what I can. I wanted to get this Blog post finished and then back to the kitchen. My Christmas cards are complete and all in the mail. That always makes me happy. 

This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog.  I am featuring the new Polar Friends die. It's one of those whimsical dies from the Christmas Part 3 collection that makes for a really cute Christmas card. I kept it more on the simple side. I didn't send it out yet since it was made so last minute. I may hold it until next year. 

Design Steps:
My card this week started with the color challenge #822 on Splitcoaststampers. The colors are bright and I thought the polar friends would look great sporting these colors.
 
magenta madness, granny apple green, basic black

I decided to emboss my background with a new embossing folder from Stampin'-Up. It's the new 3D Evergreen Forest.  I used a designer paper in the granny apple green color. I liked the ombre appeal of the paper and it made for a quick background design. 

Next, I cut my images in the challenge colors. I used designer paper for their hats and the bears scarf. It just added to the fun loving appeal of this card. 

I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the embossed panel to the white card base with double sided tape. Cut a snowy slope for the polar friends to frolic around on. They are a perky little bunch after all! The slope is attached with dimensional adhesive as are the bear and penguins. .

White card base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Embossed panel: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
To complete my card, I stamped a playful sentiment and added some green glitter enamel dots. I scattered a few snowflake sequins in the sky and my card is complete. 

That's it for me for this post. So until next time........God bless. 

die I used to create card:
I am also entering:
1.  Challenge Up Your Life has a pine trees challenge. 
2.  CHNC has an anything goes with optional to use word Christmas.
3Simon Say Stamp has a Christmas Critters challenge.  
4.  The Alphabet Challenge is "S" for snow scene. 
5.  Cute Card Thursday has an anything goes challenge. 


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge blog. Your card is lovely and so cute!
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super cute card! I love the pinetree background! Thanks for playing along with challenge up your life!
    Denise DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card I love the color palette and what a wonderful scene! Thanks so much for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge - “S” is for Snow Scene!
    Rachelle DT : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super cute card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Alphabet Challenges. We look for forward to seeing you join us again. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails