Saturday, December 5, 2020

Safari Giraffe Birthday

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this first Saturday in December.

My Christmas decorating is moving along nicely. I did it a bit differently this year. Instead of putting my trees up first, I placed all the decorations around my home. I decorate in every room. I am almost finished with them and I am happy with how everything looks. It's so warm and festive. 

As soon as I finish this Blog post I am going to start on my trees. I usually put up three but this year I am not doing the third one. That one goes in the room where my precious little granddaughter sleeps but they aren't coming this Christmas. They live in California and don't feel comfortable about getting on a plane. 

I don't usually take photos of my decorating but I think I am going to this year and I will post them on my blog. Now onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog.

Design Steps:
I started my card this week with the sketch #830 from Splitcoaststampers. As soon as I saw it, I knew it would work for a card featuring one of the new Safari animals. 

I had this older collection of designer papers from Stampin'-Up. It is a wild themed designer paper and some of it looked like giraffe spots so I decided to use the Safari Giraffe die for my card. 

Next, I cut the giraffe image in a taupe and soft suede cardstocks to match the designer paper.

I stamped my sentiment on a Circle die. Used the 3rd largest die. Added a black layer using the Stitched Circle die - again the 3rd largest.
Now that all elements are cut and stamped it's time to start card assembly. I wasn't sure what pattern to use for element 1 of the sketch. I decided to go with the wonky stripes pattern.

taupe layering panel: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
element 1 (striped designer paper): 4 1/8" x 3 7/8"
element 2, 3 & 4 - 1/2" x 3 7/8"

Next, I attached the sentiment circle and the giraffe image. The circle is secured with double sided tape and for the giraffe I used dimensional adhesive. For element 6 of the sketch I added some leaves, and I cut those from the Safari Adventure Gang die.

To finish off my card, I attached the image panel to the black card base and scattered a few black enamel dots. Decided to add a couple of leaves under one of the enamel dots. 
Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless. 

dies I used to create card:




I am also entering:
1.  A Gem of A Challenge has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  Crafter's Castle has an anything goes challenge.
3Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge. 
4.  PolkaDoodles has an anything goes challenge. 
5.  Aud Sentiments has an anything goes + a sentiment. 



2 comments:

  1. What a cute card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers.
    DT Mari, my blog Ittetehty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card you created from the sketch. I love the backing papers that fit the giraffe perfectly!

    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Keep crafting!
    Lj xx
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails