Monday, December 20, 2010

phoenix daisy





Happy Tuesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. I have been up to my ears in Christmas. Last minute decorating, baking cookies, shopping and then right in the middle of it all the most wonderful news.

Our first granddaughter, Phoenix Daisy, made her appearance on the world scene. She is the daughter of our youngest son, Brett and daughter-in-law Ghilly.

This is their first child as well. They live in San Francisco so I have only seen photos of her. Our first visit will be sometime after Christmas.
She was born Friday morning and weighed in at 6 1/2 lbs and is 19 1/2" long.

Mother and baby are doing fine and are at home bonding together as a family.

Her name has some very interesting meanings. Phoenix means "rebirth" and Daisy means child of light or pearl. I believe that our name speaks of our destiny.

So I have been on the phone and email with all my family here in Pittsburgh giving updates. As well as talking to the new parents in San Francisco. I just can't wait to hold her and give her lots of love and kisses.

I haven't posted on the blog because I have been so busy with Christmas stuff. But, I do have cards to post just couldnt fit it into the schedule.

My card for today is for the color challenge on splitcoaststampers. Our hostess this week is Joann Travis, and she chose black, red & white. Really great colors and ones that I think make such an elegant looking card. No matter what occasion it's for.

My card is a thank you and I will add it to the ones I will need for Christmas.

My background black fleur de lis pattern is something I recycled from a purchased card that was sent to me. It was originally 5 x 7 so I cut off the front and was able to make 2 cards from it. I just love recycling and turning it into a completely different creation.

I randomly added red rhinestones for some bling. I also added the red velvet ribbon and the gold butterfly and put a rhinestone in the center.

That's my card for today. I hope you are getting settled with all the pre-Christmas activities. I am off to start wrapping gifts now. It's the most wonderful time of the year.

Some other challenges that I am entering:

1.  The stamps r us blog has an anything goes challenge.

2.  The sugar sweet paper treats blog also has an anything goes challenge.

11 comments:

  1. Smashing card Mary, I love the flow to the sentiment and you put the colours to great use!!

    Congrats on the new bundle too, she is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and beautiful new grand baby too! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new granddaughter, Mary!! How very beautiful--a wonderful Christmas present. Your black, white, and red card is gorgeous. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again big Congrats on the birth of Phoenix Daisy. I bet you will love her to pieces.
    Great card. Love the added bling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your lovely granddaughter! What a treat to have a baby girl to spoil rotten. Gorgeous card too. love those little rhinestone embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card for the challenge, especially the RED!! LOL! Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful and soon to be spoiled DGD!! Makes me remember the feelings I had with my first grand........we had 5 boys, then 2 girls within 3 weeks of each other. So exciting, wondrous, miraculous! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary I loved this on SCS and love it here! I adore that TY - beautiful and elegant- great use of recycle!

    Your new grandbaby girl is too perfect! You enjoy being a gramma!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Mary! What a wonderful Christmas present and a beautiful name for a beautiful baby! Love the elegance of the thank you card. Great recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome Phoenix Daisy. What a precious blessing. Your card is lovely and elegant. Your touch of bling is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on that beautiful new grandbaby! I know you can't wait to hold her.
    LYnn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card- and that baby is just beautiful! Congrats on your new granddaughter- what a fabulous picture! Thanks for joining the Stamps R Us challenge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails