Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas flower

Happy Wednesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Lots planned for today. I start my day with a staff meeting at church. Then I have a cooking class planned at the Crate.  It's a local cooking school. They have lunch & learn's every Wednesday. I try and schedule at least 4-5 during the year. It's always such a fun time. The food is delicious and since I go myself, it's a time to meet new people.
The instructors do all the cooking in front of you and when finished it's our lunch.


Our class & menu for today is:


Lattice-Crusted Minestrone Pot Pies
• Arugula and Spinach Salad White Balsamic Vinaigrette and Parmesan Curls
Chicago Palmer House Brownies.

The card for today is one I did for the Creative Belli Challenge. I am sampling with them again this week. The challenge is anything Christmas. So that can be paper, ribbon, images, any Christmas embellishment.  This challenge blog is encouraging you to use your stash and not go out and buy something new to participate.

My card uses Christmas designer paper from Provo craft. I have had this paper for several years. I like it and have used it on several cards this Christmas.

The stamp is one that I bought 6 months ago at a stamp show. I remember buying it and thought it would be a good image for Christmas. I stamped the image 3 times and then cut out the layers and popped them up. I added some stampendous gold dot sparklers to each flower layer. I have had these for several years as well.

I kept the card to a clean and simple layout since the flower is so big. The artichoke ribbon completed my card.

That completes my card for today. God Bless and I hope you are completing all your Christmas to-do's.

card recipe:
stamp: stamplistic
paper: cherry cobbler, artichoke, provocraft dp
ink: memento tuxedo black
accessories: dot sparklers, artichoke ribbon

20 comments:

  1. Your layered flower is just gorgeous Mary! I have some of that paper too - it works perfectly with this image.. Your lunch sounds yummy - what a fun thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning, Mary!!!! The layered flower/medallion is fabulous and I love how you added the ribbon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of your cooking class lunch menu today, Mary! I know you'll have a great (and yummy!) time. What a lovely Christmas card! I love that beautiful layered flower you created. So pretty with your DP!! How fun that you were asked to make a sample for the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That layered flower in the RED and green is marvelous Mary!! What a beautiful job on this pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and elegant. I love clean and simple, brings out the beauty of the image. Love, Love your DP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That layered flower is stunning Mary!! Gorgeous holiday card!! The alternating red and green is so beautiful.

    I hope you enjoyed the cooking class....sounds like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, that layering is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, this is beautiful!! I love your layered flower with the touches of bling on the petals! Welcome to the Belli Girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Wow Mary, This is beautiful, I ador your beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flower is stunning, Mary! The bling really sets it off! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Christmas creation, Mary! Your luncheon sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous Christmas flower! Full of dimension and shiny bling! Your cooking class menu really sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card. Love the floral design and the DP is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is beautiful Mary! what a fabulous bloom!
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mary, your flower is gorgeous and I am thinking I have that paper, too. Gorgeous ribbon. Lunch sounded delicious AND fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card! I like the gold accents on the flower petals!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a terrific flower! The touch of gold is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, Mary! We are so glad to have you on the Belli team!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Somehow I must have missed this one in my reader. What a gorgeous flower and card! The gold accents are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job with the flower Mary, it is a real stunner, and I love how you incorporated the green and red in the blossom and then the added sparkle!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails