Monday, December 13, 2010

Jesus

Happy Monday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Winter has hit Pittsburgh today. It's snowy and blustery. Perfect weather for staying indoors and decorating the house for Christmas. And, that's exactly what I did. I am glad I took my own advice (lol)!!

Wanted to give a brief mention of the Christmas production we had at our Church yesterday. It was titled "Christmas at Cafe Fusion".

We held a dessert theater. We set up round tables that seated 8 people and decorated them for Christmas. Our desserts were cookies placed on cookie tiers. We served coffee & hot chocolate.

The production took place in a coffee shop and jumped between current day and the events at the birth of Christ. It brought traditional Christmas characters into a modern day cafe.

We had Mary, Elizabeth, the Wisemen, Angel Gabriel, and other angels. After they did their traditional part they would take off their costumes and then walk into the coffee house. It was the perfect production for our church because we bought a new building last year and it was a former social club. It has a big bar area in it that we kept when we renovated the building.

card inside
Our church has never undertaken anything like this before. It was a packed house last night, and we do this again on Friday & Saturday. Because of the response we have added a show on Sunday night as well.
I was one of the hospitality directors. Lots of work in the kitchen and then I volunteered to be one of the servers.

So I had 2 tables to serve the drinks and interact with the guests. I loved being a part of it all.

Anyway, my card for today is another of my Christmas cards. I only made 2 of these. But, when I got the idea for it I was so excited to see it transform int other actual card.

I made this one in blue & gray. The card base is a beautiful gunmetal metallic from the Paper Company. The striped metallic is from Making Memories "stardust stripe silver". The textured silver paper is from Hot Off the Press that I bought years ago.

The blue is Stampin-Up's night of navy. My image is from an old Stampin-Up set "miracle of Christmas". The sentiments describing who Jesus is came from Wordsworth stamps "Messiah" set. It has the names of God in this set. Bought it last year with the idea of using it on a Christmas card.


I am sending this to my husband's aunt in California. She is very complimentary of my cards. One of my "A" list Christmas card people.

Of course this is for a few challenges:

1.  The Ooh La La blog challenged us to make a nativity scene.

2.  The diecut dreams christmas club challenged us to be inspired by a Christmas song. Mine is "away in a manger".

3.  The creative card crew blog has an "anything goes" challenge.


Well, back to decorating so until next time.......God Bless and stay warm.

10 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card, Mary. Glad you have someone to send it to that really appreciates your cards. That is always so nice. Your church Christmas production sounds wonderful. I know you are enjoying it. I love that textured silver paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Mary - and the program at your church sounds wonderful! so glad it was successful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card and such Gorgeous colours. Thank you sooo much for joining us at Die cut Dreams Christmas Club.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful production and an enjoyable evening at your church. You tied in the desserts with the theme of the play perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A truely beautiful card Mary and your christmas production sounded fantastic
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us at ooh la la this week
    I do hope we see you again in the new year
    Merry Xmas
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and the production sounds wonderfully successful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favourite SU sets, thanks for joining us at the Die Cut Dreams Christmas Challenge this week, we're happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. really lovely card thanks for joining us at DCD christmas club
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Mary!
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! A card that truly fits the meaning of the season! Thanks so much for playing in our Nativity challenge at Ooh La La.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails