Friday, December 3, 2010

merry christmas

Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Last night we had Kendra & Aaron over for dinner.
If you follow this blog you will remember that this is the young couple we have mentored for 2 1/2 years. This is the first time they have been here since they married 1 1/2 months ago.

They came for dinner. I made pulled pork and french fries and Kendra bought an awesome dessert. She called them ooey-gooey brownies.
They were so rich and fabulous and she left them for us. This made my hubby very happy but now I will have to resist the temptation to eat them- maybe!!

We had a very enjoyable evening sitting in front of the fireplace and looking at their wedding photos-all 800+ of them. The guys were relaxing in the leather recliners and interacting with each other and sending comments our way occasionally.

I didn't get to post this card yesterday because I ran out of time and last night I was just too tired. So I am getting this post done early because I have lots to do today. That would include decorating for Christmas and Christmas card making.

This card was made for 4 challenges.

1.  Mercy Kerin's blog had another great sketch to work with this week. It's always a good starting point when someone else does the layout for you.

2.  The crazy for challenges blog wanted us to use script on our card. My background paper has script on it. It's some really old designer paper from Stampin-up-"holiday harmony".

3.  Speedy's friends blog wanted us to use a bow on our card. Easy enough!!

4.  The ABC Christmas challenge blog is on the letter "y" for yuletide. They wanted us to make a card red or green-holly or berries-or a canlde. I have 2 of the 3 that was aksed for in this one.

Some card details: I used all old stuff from my stash. The card stock is always artichoke, river rock, and pomegranate. The satin ribbon is also pomegranate and I added a star brad to the center of the bow.

My image is also an older stamp from great impressions company. I stamped it -then embossed-then colored with always artichoke-river rock-purely pomegranate inks and a blender pen. My sentiment is computer generated.

Well, friends that's my card for today. Hope you have a great day no matter where it takes you. God bless!!

card recipe:
stamps: great impressions
paper: su artichoke, river rock, pomegranate, holiday harmony dsp
ink: versafine black onyx, su artichoke, river rock, purely pomegranate
accessories: satin pomegranate ribbon, star brad,

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Mary! Sounds like you had a wonderful evening and the brownies sound yummy! I too have a few cards to finish up! But I do have all my decorating done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Mary. Thank you for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and such fabulous colors. Great card for the holidays.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice card thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Mary! I just love your bow and wreath. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous bow! Love the star detail, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is really beautiful Mary! I love wreaths and your ribbon bow is fantastic!
    hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely wreath card! Yes, this w/e is a busy one here as well. Had stamp club this morning...got some groceries...did a couple loads of laundry...made 2 cards and enjoyed watching Va Tech win over Florida State! It snowed for awhile, but I stayed in the cozy warmth of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, this card is really beautiful! I love the ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There you go with all the challenges again... how you find the time!!! Looks great, I love the pinky tones to this festive little number!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails