Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Happy Friday and also it's Christmas Eve. Thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog.

My presents are all wrapped-shopping is complete-and now its time to enjoy the most wonderful time of the year.

My son, daughter-in-law and grandsons are coming for our celebration tonight. The boys are so excited to come over for dinner, presents and our happy birthday Jesus party.

After dinner we move to the living room and we read the Christmas story from a book I purchased just for them a few years ago.
Last year the 3 of took turns and read parts of the story aloud.

We then open up gifts and this involves a little game. One of the boys gets to open a gift, then they select the next person. This way it's not a free-for-all and nobody knows what anyone received. It takes us over an hour doing it this way, but I love watching their reactions as they open gifts. As well, they like seeing what everyone else received.

We then move back to the dining room for our happy birthday Jesus party. We sing happy birthday to Jesus since this is the reason we celebrate Christmas. I bought the boys cookies at our local bakery that are made specifically as "happy birthday Jesus" cookies. It's a Christian owned bakery.

Miss Phoenix Daisy (5 days old)
Brett & Ghilly won't be home this year since they just had a baby. Phoenix Daisy will be 1 week old today.

We are probably going to visit the first week in January. I am so excited and just can't wait to meet her.

Well, onto my card for today. It's one of the ones that I made for Christmas. It was a pretty easy one to mass produce. For me that means I made 12 of these to send.
I just like to make a variety of cards at Christmas. I made 60 cards this year.

I saw this card on the stampin schach blog back in September and decided I was going to recreate it ala Mary Marsh style.

My paper is Stampin-Up's marina mist and very vanilla. I sprayed it with champagne smooch for a little dazzle effect. I used the new decorative label punch on my sentiment. The snowflakes are Stampin-Up's "northern flurry embossing folder". Added some pearls and that completed my card.

Time to close this post. Merry Christmas my blogger friends.

11 comments:

  1. A very pretty embossed snowflake card Mary - and Phoenix is just so cute! What a lovely addition to your family - so glad you will be 'meeting' her soon!

    wishing you a Blessed Christmas dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully embossed card! Simply elegant! What a wonderful meeting it will be for you and little Phoenix! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean and simple - and just gorgeous!
    Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Mary!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply beautiful!! Love the embossing!! Merry Christmas to you and your family! May the joy and peace of Christmas remain with you through out the new year.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little Phoenix to is cute! Betcha can't wait to get to hold her! I love your opening presents tradition - how fun!! Sounds like your birthday party was fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have the same routine with opening gifts...one at a time! Love the CAS style card with the beautiful textured BG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Christmas card is beautiful, Mary...sooo elegant with the white and touch of blue!!! Your new DGD is adorable, too...I know how excited you are to go see her!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas...many blessings to you and yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The card is super sweet Mary and check out that bundle of love, enjoy every moment of her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, the baby is too cute and so very precious! So glad you are heading out soon to meet her! The card is wonderful! Great colors and detailing, Mary! I really love the elegance of that snowflake embossing folder, too! Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this embossed snowflake card, MAry, and love seeing another pic of Phoenix!! Soon she'll be learning how to stamp with you!! How fab that will be!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails