Saturday, December 11, 2010

More Christmas

Happy Saturday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Today I finished my Christmas cards and addressed them.
This process is a tedious one. I have to look through my cards and decide who gets what. I have my a, b, & c lists and then I have to divide my cards into a, b &c cards. My husband just laughs at me.

Now, I can move onto the decorating. I started to bring out boxes and managed to get my 3 nativity sets put out and some decorations on one of my trees.

Then I remembered that I had to order the sweatshirts that my grandsons asked for over a month ago. So that put a halt to the decorating for today.
I will work at it again some more tomorrow.

So now onto my card for today. I am showing more of the cards I made to send to family & friends.

 I used this sketch from the mojomonday blog. It's #164. I used it previously on this card. I liked the layout so well that I decided to use it again.
 I stamped, embossed and punched out the ornament from Stampin-Up's"tags till Christmas" set.

I paired it up with  designer paper from Stampin-Up's "jolly holiday" collection. I really liked this designer paper but I hardly used it for my Christmas cards and that was not my intent at all. Oh well, there is always next year.

My white panel is embossed with a cuttlebug folder from the winter wonderland collection. There are 6 different folders in this set.

I bought it from Bonnie McLain's "toyz for paper" store. She has great prices on cuttlebug & spellbinders dies.

I finished my card with some cherry cobbler seam binding and added my sentiment. That completed this card. It's addressed and being sent off to North Carolina.

I entered this card in a few challenges as well.

1.  craft your passion blog had an anything goes challenge this week,

2. Tthe daring cardmakers blog had a snow much fun challenge. You are to use snow somewhere in your card. My embossed panel is done in snowflakes. There is also a snowflake on my ornament.

3.  The paper pretties blog had a challenge to use punches. I used the stampin-up ornament punch.

4.  The stamps r us blog wanted us to make a holiday card.

5.  The stampavie blog has a Christmas challenge this week.

6.  The penny's paper crafty challenge has a "merry christmas challenge this week.

7.  The oh alice blog had a challenge of red & green +one. That's my card!!

And now it's time to dim the lights in charmed life land for today. Church in the morning and then we have a Christmas play at church that I volunteered to help serve desserts. So it will be a full day of activities. God Bless!!

card recipe:
stamps: su all year cheer
paper: su cherry cobbler,ww, jolly holiday dsp
ink: cherry cobbler
accessories: cb ef, seam binding, nesties, oval punches, gold ep

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Mary! Love the embossed and striped panel to bring out the pretty ornament! Thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Mary - love the ornament & layout!
    Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beauty for sure!!! Everything about it is simply gorgeous.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I am loving your style. Simple elegance. Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion this week. x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary this is adorable!! I love the colors you used! Thank you for joining us at Penny's. Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is absolutely STUNNING, Mary...I love the red, cream and gold together and what beautiful details you added!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful!! Thank you for joining us this week on our Anything Goes Challenge at Craft Your Passion. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful, Mary! Wonderful colors and details! Love the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. EXCELLENT take with the sketch! Clean and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Mary, I love the colors and DP!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love how you did the ornament. You may laugh at me - I actually do a spreadsheet on my cards so I don't send the same person a card made from the same stamp set two years running. Like they would notice. A friend who comes to my card classes calls me to see which card I'm sending to our mutual friends so we don't duplicate. Aren't we obsessive?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Mary your take on the challenge is so beautiful! I really love the stamps you have used.
    Thanks for joining us at Oh Alice!
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Challenges upon challenges, go Mary! I like this sketch, and it looks great with the reds too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails