Tuesday, December 28, 2010

happy birthday alan

Happy Tuesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Today is a special day in our household. My husband is celebrating a birthday. I always try and make it special since it's so close to Christmas and it could very easily get overlooked. I guess that happens a lot with December birthdays.

I don't wrap his gift in Christmas paper and the card I make him is strictly a birthday card. No mention of Christmas or any Christmas images.  In fact, its the one I am posting today.

Since I was hosting the color challenge on splitcoaststampers today, I chose colors that would make a good masculine card - navy-olive green and daffodil yellow-I used this one as an accent color.

I used navy striped paper because it just screamed masculine to me. My image is from a stamp set that I bought from Waltzingmouse stamps.
It is designed to work with the spellbinder label 1. The sentiment is from Verve stamps " framed wishes" set.

I used a border punch that has masculine appeal. It's from Fiskars-the upper crest punch. I added a navy button and that completed my card.

We went to watch Ethan play basketball this morning. He had the winning shot for his team. So that was exciting for us and him.

Now we are taking Ethan to the movies to see the 3rd Chronicles of Narnia movie - "voyage of the dawn treader".

It's part of Ethan's Christmas gift. He asked to see this movie and then a sleepover without his brothers. We will have him until Wednesday evening. He is excited to come over and so are we.

So we get to do a couple of fun things for Al's birthday-have Ethan with us and go see a movie.

A few other challenges form this card:

1.  The abc challenge is "k for keep it simple". My card is a simple layout.

2.  The top tip tuesday blog has a "get embellishing challenge". I used a button on my card.

God Bless and enjoy the season!!

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card!!!! Love those colors - the blue and green just go together perfect!!! So pretty. Hope your husband has a great birthday.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I just love reading about the special times you spend with your grandchildren! They will always have such precious memories of you! As I commented on SCS, I just LOVE the colors you chose and your card is simple yet stunning and so perfect for a masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to make a special card for your honey...I am sure he appreciates the special care.
    Love this color combo you have chose.
    Thank you for joining us this week at
    TopTipTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card and perfect for that special "guy". Hope your hubby has a great birthday. Enjoy the movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I love the colours you've chosen. Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Alan!! Great card for him, Mary!! Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great border punch and Happy birthday to Alan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creation for your DH, Mary! Hope you enjoyed your time with your grandson. Congrats on the new baby. Happy New Year, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with the ABC Keep it Simple Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great creation! Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday @ http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/

    Join us again today! There's a brilliant altered tin tutorial!!

    Maggie
    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails