Tuesday, December 7, 2010

let heaven and nature sing

Happy Tuesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Christmas preparations are falling behind the schedule I had planned. Isn't that how it always happens though?? 
 I was feeling a bit stressed today. When that happens it's not good for me. I accidentally deleted this card from the gallery over at splitcoaststampers. Oops!!

I had to then -re-load the card since it was made as a design team sample for Tuesday's color challenge. That also meant I had to contact Betty Wright, our design team coordinator to have her link it once again to the gallery.
With that taken care of, I had to get ready to go over to meet my grandsons' school bus. No stress there-just lots of lovin' from the boys and Grandma. Needless to say,  I didn't get any Christmas stuff done today

So onto my card for today. For this color challenge, #300-we were to look back over the previous 299 and pick a color combo that we particularly liked. Since I wanted to make a Christmas card I chose #233 which was chocolate chip, red, and kraft.

I recently purchased these Just Rite stamps and decided to use them for this card.

The stamp set is Christmas Treasures. The ribbon I used is from Stampin-Up-“alpine originals,” and I used a crumb cake (kraft) button to cover that color.

This card is also for the splitcoaststampers featured stamper challenge from Sunday. This challenges is at #200. This was the same type challenge in that you could go back over the featured stampers and pick the one that you wanted. I chose the incredibly talented, Julie Warner aka justwritedesigns. She was featured stamper 113


I picked her cardinal Christmas card. I have to make at least 2 changes on my card.  I changed the colors, designer paper, and cuttlebug embossing folder. I added ribbon and a button.

Well, that's my card and post for today.  Until next time......

card recipe:
stamps: christmas treasures (just rite)

paper: su choc chip, real red, vv, dcwv dp
ink: real red
accessories: su alpine originals ribbon, crumb cake button, gold cord, nesties





9 comments:

  1. So very, very pretty, Mary! I hope your day is less stressful now. Tomorrow will be a productive day for you, I just know it. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sample for the challenge, Mary! Love the round image.
    I am way behind on my Christmas prep too, don't worry too much. We always put way too much pressure on ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the ribbon, Mary. The colors and arrangement make it a very warm card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty! Love that ribbon and paper together too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathe in...Breathe out....
    Beautiful card Mary! You are not alone with the falling behind...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful, Mary! I am so sorry for all your troubles with the picture and stuff. It is all good, though! Yes, things do get behind. It is what it is! No worries! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card. I hear you on the "schedule" not working out the way you planned. So much to do...so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Mary. Love that image (have to take mine out). Great lay-out and papers. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always loved this stamp and it was great to see you put your "stamp" on it... great colour tones!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails