Saturday, December 4, 2010

mojo167 joy

Happy Saturday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. Such a busy day today but 'tis the season.

We went to church and helped out with the decorating for Christmas. We were there much longer than I thought because not a lot of people came out to help.

But all in all, I was pleased with how everything looked when we left.

We started decorating our own home this afternoon as well. I put up 2 trees and we did get the lights on both of them.

We hung the outside wreaths as well. I ordered a live wreath from QVC and that came the other day and is on the front door.

So its coming along nicely. I also made 8 more Christmas cards. I only stopped because I wanted to post on my blog. I started the mass production that I told myself I was going to do this year.


So my card for today is one of the ones for 2 challenges:

1.  The ways to use it challenge on splitcoaststampers wanted us to use letters. I cut the word "joy" from a sizzix alphabet set that I have on my Big Shot machine.

The holly & berries are from the stampin-up scrap set "holiday jingle". The background designer paper is also from stampin-up-their "merry moments" collection. The snowflakes are cut from the designer paper.





2.  The MojoMonday blog had a great sketch that I used for my layout. 

Well it's late and time to dim the lights in charmed life land for another day. Church in the morning and then more Christmas stuff the rest of the day. Yes, it's the most wonderful time of the year!!

card recipe:
paper: su old olive, vv, merry moments dsp

accessories: holiday jingle kit, sizzix alphabet, nesties, old olive striped ribbon

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty Mary! Sounds like everything is coming together for a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Mary! The colors, patterns, and design are beautiful! Wonderful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a busy day! Bet it was fun though with all the emphasis on the holiday. Pretty card, love those snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card...slowly but surely you're getting your stash completed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely, Mary!! Your decorating sounds like it is coming along nicely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great layout pattern! I love the RED framing those circles, MAry!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty Christmas card, Mary....love the sketch and what great colors!!!! I still have a few boxes of ornaments to get on my tree...hopefully before the 24th..LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool job with the sketch challenge, this was a great way to include the two circles and your colour choices are fab as always!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails