Monday, December 12, 2022

Whimsy & Wonder Christmas

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

Wow- it's been some time since I have posted on my Blog. Life has just been busy since Thanksgiving and now it's 2 weeks until Christmas.  I have been busy working on my Christmas cards, decorating and baking. I haven't started any of my Christmas chocolates as yet but that will happen soon.

I also haven't mailed any of my Christmas cards and that's a whole other process. It usually takes a couple of days to get them addressed, select which card goes where and then actually mailed. I don't make multiples of cards so all of mine are one of a kind.

Now onto my card for today. This one I created using the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #903. I was the hostess, and I chose mint macaron, mossy meadow, misty moonlight and a favorite shade of pink for the color combo.
favorite pink, mint macaron, mossy meadow, misty moonlight

For my Christmas card, I did a split panel fun fold. Usually on this fold you stamp a sentiment on the open panel, but I liked it with a die cut after seeing this card from Judy May. I used dimensional adhesive to pop up the 2 angled panels. I also added a border of polished pink cardstock to each edge.

I used the "whimsy and wonder" designer paper from Stampin' Up- it contains all the colors I selected. My favorite shade of pink is polished pink. I love the bright and bold color.

The Merry Christmas sentiment is a die from CottageCutz. I cut it 3x to give it some dimension. As a background for the die cut, I used another pattern from the same designer paper collection. This one is in the mint macaron shade.

To finish off my card, I scattered a few polished pink enamel dots. That's it for me for this post. I will be back tomorrow with another Christmas card. 

card details:
Paper: polished pink, misty moonlight, whimsy & wonder dsp (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Accessories: merry christmas w/snowflake die (CottageCutz), in-color enamel dots (Stampin' Up)
Techniques: split panel card
I am also entering:
1.  Crafting Happiness Challenge is Christmas. 
2.  Use Your Stuff #473 is anything goes - Christmas edition. 
3.  A Gem of a Challenge is anything goes. 
4.  CHNC is anything goes Christmas w/optional of quick and easy. 
5.  Taylormadecards4u has an anything goes Christmas.



3 comments:

  1. Love the colors of your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation! The die cut sentiment is perfect. Thank you for entering our December Christmas Challenge. Hope you'll share more of your art with us.
    Janis, Owner & Design Team Member @ Crafting Happiness Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut Christmas Challenge

    Hugs
    Claudia
    DT Crafty Hazelnut Christmas Challenge

    Je kan mij nu ook vinden op You tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlT4Rs1DfAZU_GLcM7Kx1g
    https://claudiaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
    http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
    http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
    https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com
    https://girlzcreativechristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails