Sunday, December 18, 2022

Polar Bear Trio

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. Hope your weekend is going well. 

We attended a Christmas Party last night. It was a very nice evening with friends and good food. 

We started Sunday off with church and then my hubby and I were teaching Sunday school. We have the K-2nd grade kids. Our lesson was on the Shepherds watching their sheep and then being visited by the angels. The kids were attentive and cooperative which is sometimes hard right before Christmas.  

Now it's Sunday afternoon and I am finishing up addressing my Christmas cards. Some of them are going across country so hopefully they will arrive by next Saturday. I will get them to the post office by tomorrow morning.

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #923 on Splitcoaststampers. We were to use fresh freesia, balmy blue and pacific point for our color trio. Optional was to use your favorite pink. I chose polished pink.

I created a slimline Christmas card for my sample this week. I started with the background designer paper. I just bought this new pack of Christmas themed slimline card fronts from Divinity Designs. The patterns are so pretty and perfect for creating outdoor scenes. This snowy scene is perfect for my polar bears. 

I used the new Polar Bear Trio & Igloo die from CottageCutz. Used the challenge colors for their hats & scarves. For the North Pole sign, I used balmy blue and then merry merlot (an allowed neutral) for the pole. It is a candy cane after all. Not wild about the shade-just a bit dark.

The Season's Greetings sentiment phrase is also a die from CottageCutz. I cut that in pacific point cardstock. Added a few more pine trees in white and that's my card.

Time to get back to my Christmas card addressing so until next time.......God bless. 

card details:
Paper: basic white, pacific point, fresh freesia, polished pink, balmy blue, merry merlot (Stampin' Up), Christmas Slimline designer papers (Divinity Designs)
Paper Size: 8 1/2" x 3 1/2"
Accessories: polar bear trio & igloo, season's greetings dies (CottageCutz)
Techniques: slimline card
I am also entering:
1.  52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge is snowflakes. I had the perfect designer paper. 
2.  Allsorts Challenge is anything goes. 
3.  Alphabet Challenge is "S" is for snow.
4Beyond the Blue has a snowflakes challenge. 
5.  Critter Crazy Challenge is anything goes with a critter.   








12 comments:

  1. Very pretty Christmas card with lovely image and colours. Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts this week and using my option of "O Christmas Tree!".
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A magical snowy scene. Thanks for taking part in the Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous scene for those bears. Love the pops of colour. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really great design and so very cute!!
    Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining us again and wishing you a Happy Christmas and thanks for your support of Allsorts challenge this year.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at 52CCT. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a fun card Mary - love the expressions on thos polar bears' faces! Thanks for joining our S for Snow theme at Alphabet Challenge
    Happy Christmas!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! You used snowflakes very nicely! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. Merry Christmas from the Critter Crazy challenge Janet DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at 52CCT. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at 52CCT. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  12. So darling! And that snowy background is breathtaking! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Beyond the Blue!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails