Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Joy to the World

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

I had plans to start getting my Christmas cards addressed and in the mail today but last night out of nowhere both my hubby and I started not feeling well. I just laid around on the couch most of the day and slept for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Once I woke up, I had a bit more energy but not enough to get into anything. I am hoping whatever this is gone tomorrow because I have lots to do. But who doesn't this time of year?

So onto my card for today. This one I made using the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #CC905. We were to use pool party, poppy parade and pear pizzazz as her color trio. 
For my card I used a new to me cutting plate from Taylored Expressions - Blooming Holiday. I cut it in basic white cardstock and then placed it over a panel of pear pizzazz.

It just didn't pop so I decided to do a die inlay technique. I cut again in pool party and poppy parade and filled in some of the areas of the die.

The sentiment image is a die from CottageCutz - "Joy to the World Tree". I cut that in poppy and faux ornaments in pear pizzazz. I added a gold star to the top. In hindsight, I think I should have cut the tree in pear pizzazz and used poppy for the ornaments. Oh well (lol)!!!

Well that's it for me for this Blog post. Short and sweet- so until next time God bless.....

card details: 
Paper: poppy parade, pool party, pear pizzazz, basic white, gold (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: pool party (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: joy to the world tree (CottageCutz), blooming holiday cutting plate (Taylored Expressions)
Techniques: die cut inlay

I am also entering:

1. Shopping our Stash has a Holly & Ivy - Christmas greenery challenge. 
2.  Beyond the Blue has a Winter Holidays challenge. 
3.  Crafty Catz has an anything goes w/option last minute Christmas
4.  Cut it Up has a winter challenge using a die cut.
5.  Jingle Bells has a wrapping up Christmas challenge. 





5 comments:

  1. Your inlay technique really took this card over the top. I love the colors and the design!
    Thank you for sharing your card with us at Cut it Up, and I hope you and your hubby weren't sick for long.
    Evelyn
    https://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely technique resulting in a stunning card- it's beautiful. Hope you are feeling better now!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card certainly pops now. That is a great technique and your card will really stand out. Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...I am loving that sentiment die!! It is going on my wish list!! Way to go shopping your stash!! That Christmas foliage cutting plate is prefect for our Holly & Ivy challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us!! #SOS485

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh love those colors for a classic Christmas design! Thanks so much for joining us at Beyond the Blue!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails