Monday, December 26, 2022

Peaceful Christmas

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's the day after Christmas so hope all of you survived the day. Our Christmas celebration was such a wonderful one. My son and his family that live here in Pittsburgh were here for dinner. I made chicken parmesan, stuffed shells, stuffed banana peppers (in freezer from hubby's summer garden) and a tossed salad. Then lots of Christmas cookies for dessert. Everyone loved the meal. That always makes me happy. 

And we will have another celebration when my son and his family arrive from San Francisco on Tuesday. So, looking forward to seeing my precious little granddaughter. 

This morning we went to the mall to see what was on sale. This is an annual tradition for my hubby & I. I picked up a calendar for my craft room and a personalized Christmas ornament for my granddaughter. Now I am home just getting everything straightened up from yesterday. 

Onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #926 on Splitcoaststampers. We were to use gorgeous grape, tahitian tide and parakeet party for our color trio. Optional was to add sparkle. 
For my card I used a card base from the Stampin' Up October 2021 Paper Pumpkin kit- "Peaceful Christmas". The kit came with these beautiful card bases. It jsut reminded me of a blizzard. I colored the trees with alcohol markers in granny apple green. The markers are from Stampin' Up.

I cut my Merry Christmas phrase in granny apple green. It's a die from CottageCutz- Merry Christmas w/Snowflakes. It's currently on a 50% off sale in the CottageCutz online store.
To get the tahitian tide color in I added a few blue birds to the pine trees. My card base is smoky slate and I used a silver metallic paint pen and edged the card.

The sentiment banner came in the kit- I edged it with the granny apple green marker. Cut a flag in gorgeous grape and added a few gorgeous grape enamel dots to finish off my card.

That's it for me for this post. I will be back tomorrow with another of this year's Christmas cards. So until next time.......God bless.

card details:
Stamps: Peaceful Christmas (Oct 2021 Paper Pumpkin)
Paper: basic gray, granny apple green, gorgeous grape (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Ink: gorgeous grape (Stampin'-Up)
Accessories: Stampin' Blends (Granny Apple Green), glossy enamel dots (Stampin' Up), Merry Christmas w/Snowflakes die (CottageCutz)
I am also entering:
1.  A Place to Start is anything goes w/optional of Happy Holidays. 
2.  Crafting Happiness Challenge is Christmas. 
3.  Use Your Stuff is anything goes Christmas edition. 
4CHNC Challenge #626 is anything goes Christmas. 
5.  Sweet Stampin' Challenge is Christmas creations. 



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love the added purple. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas card, love the trees and the colour's you've used, thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin'
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas Card, love the colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of my favorite colors. Wonderful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful scene! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails