Friday, December 23, 2022

Tis the Season

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

Well, it's 2 days before Christmas. Hope you plans are going according to schedule. I finished up my baking yesterday. Today my plan is to run the sweeper, dust and clean the bathrooms. Then I will be wrapping gifts. 

We are having a very cold and blustery day here in Pittsburgh. Just a bit of snow but I think that's finished for today.  I don't have to go out since I did all my food shopping last night. 

Now let's move onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #921 on Splitcoaststampers. We were to use bermuda bay, melon mambo & granny apple green for our color trio. Optional is a snowman. And if you take the option you can add pumpkin pie. A snowman without a carrot-colored nose just wouldn't do!

I started my card by stenciling snowflakes on the designer paper. It's from the "oh so ombre" collection by Stampin' Up. I used an icicle embossing powder and then the snowflakes turned clear. In hindsight, I should have used white embossing powder to make them standout. I did use clear wink of stella for a bit of sparkle.

The snowmen are from the Snowman Friends die from CottageCutz. Their scarves & hat are cut in the challenge colors.

I cut the "tis the season" phrase in melon mambo. It's also a new die from CottageCutz. Used some dazzling diamonds glitter on the snowbank to complete my card.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless. 

card details:
Paper: bermuda bay, basic white, melon mambo, granny apple green, black, soft suede, pumpkin pie, oh so ombre dsp (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Ink: white craft ink (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: snowman friends, tis the season dies (CottageCutz), dazzling diamons glitter (Stampin' Up), peaceful pines stencil (Taylored Expressions, icicle ep (Brutus Monroe)
I am also entering:
1.  As you Like it Challenge is anything goes for Christmas. 
2 Cardz 4 Galz has a fun in the snow challenge. 
3Creative Knockouts has a "tis the season challenge.
4Crafty Gals has a "tis the season" challenge.
5.  Paper Funday is anything goes w/option holiday time.  





4 comments:

  1. These are very cute snowmen. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I think of fun, snowmen pop to mind as well! you did a wonderful job creating a scene for this card, thank you for playing with us at C4Galz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable snowmen! Snowmen ar my favorite this time of year. Thanks for playing in The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    **coming 15th of January - The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute and I love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails