Friday, December 16, 2022

Peace and Joy Wreath

Hello Blogger Friends. Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

It's getting to be crunch time for Christmas now. So today, finally, I will finish up my handmade Christmas cards. I hope to get a lot of them addressed and mailed. Some of them are going out of town so they will be addressed first. 

I also send some boxed cards to friends & family who don't really care if the card is handmade. You know too much work goes into these handmade cards, so I am particular about who I send them to. So let's move onto my card because I have to get back to making them (lol)!!!

This card I made for the color challenge #920 on Splitcoaststampers. We were to use merry merlot, garden green and polished pink for the color trio. Optional was to choose another color. I chose blue and used balmy blue and pacific point for my bird image.

I used the challenge colors to create the wreath. I sponged garden green ink on the same cardstock for a deeper shade on the holly.

The grapevine wreath image is cut in kraft cardstock, and I sponged tea dye distress ink for shading. This die is the Rustic Wreath die from CottageCutz.

The "Peace and Joy" phrase is from the die of the same name. It's a new one also from CottageCutz.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time........God bless. 

card details:
Paper: merry merlot, smoky slate, polished pink, garden green balmy blue, pacific point, soft suede, kraft, bloom where you are planted dsp (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: tea dye distress ink (Ranger), balmy blue (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: rustic wreath, peace and joy wreath dies (CottageCutz), enamel dots (Stampin' Up)
I am also entering:
1.  Cut it Up has a Christmas project challenge that includes a die cut.
2.  Jingle Belles has a wrap it up Christmas challenge. 
3Winter Wonderland has an anything goes Christmas. 
4 Most Magical Time of the Year has a magical florals challenge.  
5.  Die Cut Divas has an anything winter or Christmas themed challenge.



1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful and oh, so sweet!! You did a lot of die cutting, but the end result is fabulous! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails